Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Driver side speakers - intermittent???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by danbusler
Thanks - but the speakers sound OK when they work, which is at random times - maybe once every week for a hour or a day. - So it it most likely something else.
When I first got the car they did work most of the time, then they worked less and less as time went on. It eventually got to the point where occasionally I would hear a little sound from the front one.

Mine is a 2006 model, and I purchased it in the summer of 2010.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:36 AM

Yes, mine worked for a few years and then started to have issues - what you are are hearing is just the tweeters - which always work for me. it's the door speakers that cut out
Old 11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Technical Moderator

New speaker. The driver side speaker gets water damage from the window.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Smile 2006 HHR Left Speakers

I was having problems with left speakers also. On-off, on-off then finally off. Bought a replacement Kenwood receiver and still had problem. Took left front door apart and wired in a different speaker and it worked. I never would have thought that the speakers were bad, was I wrong. Going to order new speakers to replace them all. Not taking a chance with the right side speakers.

Hope this info will help someone.

Good Day.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:18 PM

My wife's 2006 is having similar problems. The right side is out. She has the basic system. no subwoofer.

Can anyone tell me the ohms of the speakers? I could find out when I tear the doors apart but would like to have the new speakers and have the work done all at the same time as a surprise for her birthday at the the end of December.

What is a decent replacement speaker. I will probably be replacing all four, not yet sure if the tweeters are needing to be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Mikeeee
Old 12-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pmracing
My wife's 2006 is having similar problems. The right side is out. She has the basic system. no subwoofer.

Can anyone tell me the ohms of the speakers? I could find out when I tear the doors apart but would like to have the new speakers and have the work done all at the same time as a surprise for her birthday at the the end of December.

What is a decent replacement speaker. I will probably be replacing all four, not yet sure if the tweeters are needing to be replaced.

Thanks in advance.

Mikeeee
Try this link: https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/clas...speaker-45658/

And don't be afraid to try the Search function we have on this site. I typed in "speaker ohms" and this is 1 of many threads.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by pmracing

Thanks in advance.

Mikeeee
Should be 4 ohms, just a standard automobile speaker. I put some Polk Audio shallow-mount 6-1/2" speakers in the front and was very happy with them. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile, though. Ordered from Crutchfield because they give you everything you need to do the installation, including wiring adapters and a good set of instructions.