The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Triumphant return so to speak !

Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 AM

Triumphant return so to speak !

Rolled in last night about 6pm from Vacation and a straight thru 11 hour run ...and almost feel like I've stopped rolling this morning ...almost...Glad to be back , Had great times and took pictures and all and thought of you all quite frequently ..I am looking forward to sharing.

A Big thank you to GDZHHR for my aroooga horn ... was here when I got back and I CANNNOT WAIT to annoy the neighbors with it !

Unfortunately even when we're hiding out for a much deserved break the real world rolls on without us. Comming down out of the mountains the first signal my cell phone got carried with it a message that one of my dearest friends and brothers was in a near fatal accident due to somoene elses stupidity (so what else is new right?) Like me almost before he could grow hair on his face he wore a uniform and served us all.

His war was in the Peoples Republic of Vietnam and Laos. Now hes been laid Low with a shattered hip and shoulder and they have discovered a heart valve issue and a blood clot looming with lethal shadow. The drugs they give him for pain loose his grip on ghosts of long ago and he becomes ...well testy ... and they are having a hard time dealing with him. I am feeling guilty but was just so worn out I couldnt go last night , probably a wiser decision in the long run and luckily I was exhausted enough to just pass out and sleep like the dead ...but In the morning Glow by the dawns early light I need to go see if I can help my friend ...dust him off and see if I can bring him home again and make him well but then I'll be back around with pic's and ribald tales of Jackalwares , and Bovine-a-sauruses ...two new mountain "booger" ledgends to share.

Godspeed all of you , and if your close to God and all ... a good word for me and my friend would be appreciated , cause these days my perimiter keeps getting smaller , like the eyes and ears in it.

Shawn(Ogre)
Old 11-03-2010, 07:14 AM

My thoughts are with you and your friend, Man.....
Old 11-04-2010, 07:17 AM

Thanks man ...he's alert and chipper at least ...a good sign!

new class tattoo ...gifted by my buddy chester...

Name:  DSCN0240.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  101.6 KB

at the clevland Ga. suck and splash

Name:  DSCN0238.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  176.4 KB

Grubbin fer Gems in Cleveland Ga.
Name:  DSCN0254.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  355.0 KB
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM

First, here's hoping for a full recovery for your friend.....

And...

The HHR is rather nice for long trips, isn't it?

I did a 12 hr drive from Detroit to Birmingham Alabama and felt great when I got there. 30+mpg isn't hard to take either...
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by mongo
First, here's hoping for a full recovery for your friend.....

And...

The HHR is rather nice for long trips, isn't it?

I did a 12 hr drive from Detroit to Birmingham Alabama and felt great when I got there. 30+mpg isn't hard to take either...
You aint just whistling Dixie brother ! and this was a maiden voyage and she was smooth as silk ... I drive a stock 2008 no extras , perks, bells or whistles ...and really thats what I wanted , cause I dont know if its some OCD thing or the fact I was pretty much raised by the Military but I am viciously fanatical about custom fitting my gear in any respect ...but especially in my driving machine ...

for instance ...took me four different MP3 holders before I found the exact one I wanted , fit right , held right , so this came with some extras like the onstar and the satalite radio ...which being older and crotchety think ..." I aint payin fer no damned radio!" ( in my best crotchety Ol man voice ) but the Ol Lady was fiddlin down around Virginia / N Carolina border ...and I'll tell you what ...much to my chagrin I kinda like it !

I cant wait to get the back outfitted ...w/ some alternate luggage carying options ... like a tow hitch with the carying platform ...so I can get the twin sized temperpedic matress topper in back ...so anywhere , anytime I can set her down , slide into the back and just chill ... I guess the trick is for it to look like a herse but act like a camper ( my little escape pod ...is what I call it )
I got a philosiphers head , soul of a priest , hands of a soldier ...and the heart of a Gypsy I guess ...