General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Dynomax muffler deal

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Thumbs up Dynomax muffler deal

my dynomax muffler arrived today.i ordered it monday night , it got here this morning (thursday , that's less than 3 days ! ). i got it from amazon , along with the oil filter socket. $60.43 , for both !!! free shipping. it is the ultra flow , #17219 , a straight thru design. i couldn't wait to try to put on myself. so , i took it to the local guy , who is great with exhausts. he said he did not think it would work , put it on the lift and showed me. i knew if anyone could do it , that he could. he just really does not want to be involved with any shoddy work , and is very honest. i asked him to try it anyway. he said $40. i said here you go. he cut old off. added 1 piece about 8 inches , and put my chrome tip back on. it looks and fits great !!! it is not loud or ricey. it sounds like no other rice cars that i have heard. it is much more quick now. i put it on to gain mpg. i will post later if i gain any mpg. i'm very happy with this deal.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:54 PM

300 miles

i stll say it is much quicker at any speed. i put 300 miles on so far. it is hard for me to really claim any more mpg , but i estimate 2 mpg. i have been more heavy on the gas. i felt like i was 16 again yesterday , playing with it. i also was driving faster than i ussually do on my route. but the dash thing still claims 1.5 increase mpg. i was hoping for 2+ gain. i can tell now , much more than before , when the trans changes gears. it seems to be changing differently than before. but i do not understand how a muffler could cause this. it is 08 2.4 auto. has anyone else noticed this , after adding aftermaket exhaust???
Old 04-06-2009, 07:38 PM

Do you get any exhaust noise on the highway? I would like to change out for something a little quiter. I don't know what brand it is(turbo something). But i did notice a 1 to 2 mpg increase.