General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

California Cruisers aka ABC Designs BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Which essentially means the car is doomed and will not have a long life.
I hate to say it but I agree 100%. Think about it, the PT is in its 9th(?) year and its playing out and it started out strong.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Which essentially means the car is doomed and will not have a long life.
I really believe if this happens it's Chevy's own fault! They've only done a half-assed job of promoting the HHR right from the get go.
It seems like they push every other model in their ads all the time, but the HHR is seldom seen, and then only just a glimpse! No wonder some people think it's a Cruiser!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:33 PM

I am sorry to hear about the problems with Bob at California Cruisers. I have had him do several things and he has always made good. I drive about 450 miles to have him do the work and see him before and after the job is done and sometimes it takes him a little longer to get it finished. (like an hour or so) but thats all. I will see him in June and I will tell him about your problems.
The eye lids I had to cut and then silicon them on but I like the way they look. Just my opinion.

See ya down the road

Bud / Harvey
Old 05-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Kathie
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. I bought a "rolled visor" from Bob
through his Ebay listing for $185.00 + $ 30.00 shipping. It took him a good 5 weeks to send it to me. He did keep in contact with me by Email. I think he needs office help because he at one point asked me if I recieved two visors &
if I did please send one back. In the end the visor works great. Bob told me to Email him anytime if I had questions or needed help.

later rNr //mike

Last edited by SindyDix; 05-26-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: long quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:28 PM

Most companies are great when things go well. Its when there is a problem that their true colors show. That's why on ebay I always read all/many of the negs to see just why they were given. Some people just b!tch but often there is a real issue.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Sorry to hear about your problems & hope all works out for you. I have heard allot & the same kind of problems with the pt cruisers owners with ca. cruisers. I sure hope your c/c company can help. Only company I know in calif. (Huntington Beach) to trust is Ray @ Teazer Design for HHR parts. Or aka as pteazer for pt owners.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR1HHR
Only company I know in calif. (Huntington Beach) to trust is Ray @ Teazer Design for HHR parts. Or aka as pteazer for pt owners.
Here is someone who would disagree with that: Teazer Review
Old 05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Most companies are great when things go well. Its when there is a problem that their true colors show. That's why on ebay I always read all/many of the negs to see just why they were given. Some people just b!tch but often there is a real issue.

You know...I'd need to agree with this.

I purchased some Huskie floor liners from a vendor that a lot of people HERE, have mentioned and had good luck with. Long story short....

They took the order and charged my card the same day, sending an e-mail confirmation that I SHOULD receive my order in 5-6 business days. 10 days later...no product. Called and was told by the "service tech" they were back ordered, with no expected delivery date. WE agreed to cancel the order with the refund credited to the original CC. After 30 days, and 4 phone calls(with "it's in process"), I called and issued a protest with my CC company. It took 2 more months because the PARTS COMPANY would not answer my charges from the CC company. My CC company just credited my account for the amount.

Very bad customer service....reminds me of MOST car dealers. And as GDZHHR says, the REAL customer service comes through at the time of a complaint, IMO.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Founding Member

I too had 'issue' with Bob but elected not to make them public until now.

It seems that donbb82 has the means to pursue this where as another member who is having troubles does not. Is one being 'bullied' into retracting statements to gain customer satisfaction? It would appear so to me. I do not agree that that is a wise business practice.
Most business would try to make things right via their customer service policies and not bullying their customers.

I understand all these items are 'custom' made and all that. We as a customer not in this business and not doing this every day for a living, we in trust you, the business owner who has all the resources and doing the research and development for us, that's in part what we are paying for. These parts are said to be custom made for the HHR, no, they are not, they are Chrysler PT Cruiser parts modified to "almost" fit the HHR. I have learned this from personal experience. The parts may look OK, but they were still custom made for another vehicle. If they were for the HHR, they would be prototyped from scratch then they wold have proper fitment and install/attach without any glitches. Perhaps more R&D will provide better 'custom' parts.

Yes, my application was unique and had special requirements. I wanted what I ordered, I never backed out of what I wanted. If he didn't think it would fit properly, he shouldn't have taken on the task and eagerly taken my money. I paid for the expertise and professionalism that was not there for an HHR application. Lesson to him at my expense. He did offer to make good after I wrote of my issues. I did not take it back to him as I had already lost faith from the craftsmanship I had witnessed.
I ate it and chalked it up as that was the cost of my expensive 'lesson'.

Now a good comment. I have seen some outstanding work from him. Perhaps HHR's are not his forté

The only way his reputation will be restored if of his own doing. It was tattered to begin with. I was warned but didn't listen, that was nearly a year ago.
I have plenty more to add with end right here.

I hope more than Bud has had a satisfactory experience with California Cruisers.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:01 PM

Sindy, have you noticed he's still using pics of Casper?

Quick Reply: California Cruisers aka ABC Designs BUYER BEWARE!!!!