Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Low-N-Louds gettin ready for STC'11 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 PM

Low-N-Louds gettin ready for STC'11 Build

hey guys, ive gotten a few things done so far, still have a ways to go something i dont have pictures of are my door speaker install. i can tell you that i made a plate the same as the factory speaker out of 1/2in mdf dipped in fiberglass resin. other than that i have pictures of the rest of what ive completed (which isnt much) an tell you what i have left

not audio but added a 5% visor to the windshield

Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 PM

alright so ive gotten further along with my box today (forgot to snap some photos) but my ports are in an cut out, sub hole is cut, an the front, bottom an top have been fiberglassed (resin an mat) waiting for the 36sqft of dynamat to get here so i can do my roof. basically the trunk is gonna be completely panneled off so no seems or anything will be seen, its hard to describe but you will all see in a few weeks, there will be some plexiglass an led lighting being used too. so ill try to get the box finished tomorrow an snap some pics of it.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 PM

also the headliner is getting wrapped in suede as are the A an B pillars. suede an vinyl will be used on the box an panneling as well
Old 05-31-2011, 09:19 PM

lookin good im gonna have to check it out at Scrapin
Old 06-03-2011, 09:11 PM

Pretty busy lately, when you're hooking up cars for a living it's hard to find time an motivation to do your own. Box is finally completed. Waitin ony suede to come in next week before I can do anything else. Slowed down at work around 3 today so I was able to throw my viper 5901 in, finally after it's been sitting in my toolbox for the past 4 months. More updates to come!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM

20sqft of dynamat later my roof is complete. Headliner wrapped an back in. Gotta finish the painting the lights an I'll just have panel job left. One work week left gotta make it count. I'll try an get a better picture of the headliner. Only a crappy iPhone pic.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Low-n-Loud
20sqft of dynamat later my roof is complete. Headliner wrapped an back in. Gotta finish the painting the lights an I'll just have panel job left. One work week left gotta make it count. I'll try an get a better picture of the headliner. Only a crappy iPhone pic.
A crappy cell pic is better than no pics at all!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 PM
Premium Member

I think your phone takes better pic's than my camera.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 PM

Tuned in!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 01:31 PM

FINALLY!!!!! i have time to update this thread an catch up on everything else i need to. this install, which should have only take a a couple days to get everything done on it was drawn out over the course of a month. if i was lucky enough to work on it one day it would have been no more than an hours worth of work. i ended up with 4 kenwood excelon 6.5" speakers (which for the price are amazing speakers) 2 sets of Boston Accoustic ISTS tweets an crossovers. an my lil ol vibe audio space15 ive had for 2 years now. this was just a temporary install until i can get the funds together to replace all the equipment. i dont know what i want to do yet as far as that goes, first priority now is gettin this lil bad boy bagged!!! so on to the pictures.....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quick Reply: Low-N-Louds gettin ready for STC'11 Build