General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The I hate my HHR Rant Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:28 PM

Sunfire is a cavalier. Both very reliable vehicles in my opinion.

I've owned my HHR since 22k miles off a lease and now with almost 50k miles on it a year later, I still love it! Only problems with was the c bracket was broken in the drivers side seat (which probably wasn't even a defect), chrome piece fell off the rear passenger side door handle (was a defect).

Last year I had fun doing some minor mods to the ride and this year I have more planned starting with my cobalt SS wheels going on, LED's wrapped around and possible fall edition headlights. Whoop Whoop!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 PM

In reference as to why "we" give our money to the japanese car industry after bailing out companies like Gm is quite simple. Why continue to be let down, mistreated and often inconvenienced just because they are american companies? Its the companies themselves that perpetuate the distaste for their products. Its true that not every car and customer has bad experiences, but alot that do are left out in the cold. The simple solution for sub-par product building is to at least stand by the product that you manufacture--If you can't, don't make them. if you choose not to stand by them, don't complain as to why buyers go elsewhere.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:30 PM

IMO the buyout was a big mistake. If companies build superior product without raping the buyer, they would flourish enough to prosper. The mismanagement of monies is not the consumers fault, and faulty "american" product isn't either. Let them drown and wait for the next manufacturer to flourish in its wake.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brewer13
IMO the buyout was a big mistake. If companies build superior product without raping the buyer, they would flourish enough to prosper. The mismanagement of monies is not the consumers fault, and faulty "american" product isn't either. Let them drown and wait for the next manufacturer to flourish in its wake.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Banned

That's a simplistic way to view the world.

The one great thing about America is that you don't have to give a **** about anyone but yourself. Maybe that's half the problem with this country and the few products we still produce. Think about it. In Japan, Korea, and Germany, people are so dominated by national pride that vehicles from other countries simply don't sell. That's one of the reasons why GM bought Daewoo: instant access to the Korean market. No one in Japan or Germany would be caught dead driving an American or Korean car, but in America it's okay to support everyone else but your own neighbor.

I buy Sprint phones because my friends and neighbors work for Sprint. I buy Garmin for the same reason. They have headquarters just down the street from where I used to live. I buy American when I can because I know that other countries are COMPETING against US for world economic power. Sure, Toyota, Honda, and others build assembly plants here. Toyota claims that the Camry is the "Most American" car on the market. Keep in mind which companies have had the greater impact on American survival over the last 100 years. It sure isn't Toyota, Honda, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
That's a simplistic way to view the world.

The one great thing about America is that you don't have to give a **** about anyone but yourself. Maybe that's half the problem with this country and the few products we still produce. Think about it. In Japan, Korea, and Germany, people are so dominated by national pride that vehicles from other countries simply don't sell. That's one of the reasons why GM bought Daewoo: instant access to the Korean market. No one in Japan or Germany would be caught dead driving an American or Korean car, but in America it's okay to support everyone else but your own neighbor.

I buy Sprint phones because my friends and neighbors work for Sprint. I buy Garmin for the same reason. They have headquarters just down the street from where I used to live. I buy American when I can because I know that other countries are COMPETING against US for world economic power. Sure, Toyota, Honda, and others build assembly plants here. Toyota claims that the Camry is the "Most American" car on the market. Keep in mind which companies have had the greater impact on American survival over the last 100 years. It sure isn't Toyota, Honda, BMW, or Mercedes-Benz.
, Or we can wait till were all unemployed due to not producing anything and just servicing everyone else's crap. O wait that day is here. Good Job. Toyota, Honda etc is nothing but another car company nothing special. Same issue's at hand or right now more serious issues and a quick fix metal piece.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:49 PM

Talking

In reference as to why "we" give our money to the japanese car industry after bailing out companies like Gm is quite simple. Why continue to be let down, mistreated and often inconvenienced just because they are american companies? Its the companies themselves that perpetuate the distaste for their products. Its true that not every car and customer has bad experiences, but alot that do are left out in the cold. The simple solution for sub-par product building is to at least stand by the product that you manufacture--If you can't, don't make them. if you choose not to stand by them, don't complain as to why buyers go elsewhere.
Ditto

IMO the big issue with GM was too much sub par product and they had to cut the fat. The fact that buyers went elsewhere should give the Big 3 a kick in the ass to step it up and stop taking blind and loyal customers for granted. I have always been one to politely ask why? as opposed to walk blindly off a bridge. GM has waste in sooo many areas, that is why they needed a bail-out. It was inevitable as soon as the competitors started to build half decent vehicles. I own a Corvette cause it is an example of what GM is capable of doing, I own two Samsung TVs also cause they are great, but not American (any of you watch an American made TV.- well then sell them because you are not patriotic enough then). I don't just buy American/Canadian, just because. If it is close or apples to apples then I will support NAmerica made products 100 %. If it isn't...I am sorry but I pay too much in taxes to take a bath in my personal purchases and finances. GM finally hired the right guy (not a car guy-but a business guy) to turn the company around and he will. Far too many execs....too fat union benefits and cut-backs on quality and parts to compensate. My HHR is built in Mexico and my neighbour's Honda Accord is built in Alliston Ontario. I see a lot of Canadians making good money and thus supporting the economy, while working for Honda. That doesn't mean that I will buy a Honda, but what I am saying is that blind faith is just that, blind. I won't "take one for the team," when you are talking $25-30k of your hard earned money. My .02cents
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 PM

Whats really funny is that people keep slamming others for buying a Toyota or what ever but 1 week after I bought my 08 HHR I found out it was a foreign car. Made in mexico! Needless to say I was pissed. It was the first GM I ever bought and now is the last. I have always bought Ford and decided to give GM a try and they sold me a freaking mexcianmobile. My next purchase will be a Toyota that I know for a fact is made here in the US by non union HARD working Americans. So keep on slamming Toyota and gas pedal problems, Im pretty sure GM,Ford, and Chrysler has seen a ton more recalls than the Japanese car companies will ever see....
Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 PM

Reality...non of the big 3 are 100% built here...I used to carry parts back and forth for GM and Ford to Mexico for build up and then back to the plant for final assembly...unless the parts were slated for the south plants...Alot of GM cars/trucks are Canadian...imagine that.....I have a Canadian Truck of 21 years and 2 HHRs from Mexico....Yup!!Buy 'Merican!! At least thats where the MONEY stayed.............think about it......
Your Toyota is 'ASSEMBLED " here...guess where the majority of the parts were made....AND where the final pocket will be filled.....over the pond..in YEN!
Wanna know of 2 vehicles made exclusively here ? Freightliner and Harley.........
Have you read the story about the Cop and his family going over 120mph ( uncontrolled) and rolling over while on the phone with 911?? I suggest you do so....bet he would have made a different choice if he could........
Old 02-03-2010, 09:19 AM

I will say that I don't plan to buy Toyota or Honda in the future...just not me. The car has to look like something better than a desktop computer on wheels. I won't buy Chrysler, because IMO they are worse then GM for parts and build quality. I will say the dreaded "F" word however. "Ford" has really stepped it up (first to get a non car guy CEO and now GM follows suit after firing Fritz). Ford always seems to time the market right while GM is 5 yrs behind. Examples of GM and all the red tape at the top causing them to miss the market:

Ford Mustang-2005/Chevrolet Camaro 2010 (5YEARS!!)
PT Cruiser (Chrysler I know)- 2000ish-HHR 2006 (another 5yrs or so)
F150/Ram-never stopped producing- GM halted production of truck plant in 08-09 in Oshawa Ontario (re gas prices)

My father sells GM and couldn't find any trucks anywhere. A lot of customers came to him and needed a truck and then went to the Ford lot instead and bought F150s.
I could go on and on....but they need to downsize even more and trim down to 10 or so vehicles in total and start with quality and service to get customers back. Let's face it, we all buy GM because they are American/Canadian and we can save a wackload of money when we buy one. If I didn't save $5000 off the top of my SS and get 0% ver 72 months...I would have looked hard somewhere else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The I hate my HHR Rant Thread