HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

My SS's Exhaust Sound.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM

Nice sound! No fart can here. Like a low rumble. And nice sneakers too...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by zeevette
I do like the deep tone, but I'd be willing to bet there's some drone in the cabin. I will never like the sound of a high performance 4 cylinder motor.

You must have never heard either a Neon or an SRT4 with big cams for example. They have the sweetest lope like their V8 Hemi counterparts, yummy! Man I do miss that about my old Neon! Do a search for "Neon+Crane cams" on Youtube and you'll see what I mean (anyone daring enough to look into + develop bigger cams for the LNF yet? )

Later
Allex
Old 06-07-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by zeevette
I do like the deep tone, but I'd be willing to bet there's some drone in the cabin. I will never like the sound of a high performance 4 cylinder motor.
I will admit that there is a little cabin drone, but it is not to bad. The radio on at a low volume really eliminates the drone. I just drove to Indy and back last week and I actually never noticed the drone. If I keep the rpm's over 2100 the drone is gone.

SPPD
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by racer-ray
Is that an axle back installation? Do you still have a catalytic converter and/or resonator installed?
Thanks, Ray.
Axle back, stock resonator, and stock catted DP.

basically new 3'' pipe welded from near the stock resonator back to the series 40 3'' flowmaster with the stock tip cut and welded from the factory exhaust.

SPPD
Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 PM

I like it, did you notice any loss on the low-end..../
Old 06-08-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by *jerdog*
I like it, did you notice any loss on the low-end..../
I have not noticed any loss. My butt dyno tells me that I gained a little all the way up. May be psychological, only the track and dyno will tell me for sure.

SPPD
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
You must have never heard either a Neon or an SRT4 with big cams for example. They have the sweetest lope like their V8 Hemi counterparts, yummy! Man I do miss that about my old Neon! Do a search for "Neon+Crane cams" on Youtube and you'll see what I mean (anyone daring enough to look into + develop bigger cams for the LNF yet? )

Later
Allex
crowers was working on something when i call they wanted my cam i guess so they could use it for measurements. i wasnt able to send it to them of course seeing it is my dd. but they said they can do it.

i had to go back and watch again just to see the ants
Old 06-10-2010, 05:59 AM

Not my cup of tea. Just makes me appreciate the factory muffler more.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by JJ's BLACK SS
crowers was working on something when i call they wanted my cam i guess so they could use it for measurements. i wasnt able to send it to them of course seeing it is my dd. but they said they can do it.

i had to go back and watch again just to see the ants

ORLY?? Hmm nice to know that (was it you that had the spare head waiting to be P&P? If so did that head come w/ extra cams?). I'll see what they have to offer then!

Later
Allex
Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by asanti
ORLY?? Hmm nice to know that (was it you that had the spare head waiting to be P&P? If so did that head come w/ extra cams?). I'll see what they have to offer then!

Later
Allex
i have the head done no cams. the head and intake are looking for a good home though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My SS's Exhaust Sound.