Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?
-
Go Back   Chevy HHR Network > General Discussion > Problems/Service/Repairs > Windshield washer pump dead.
-

Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

submit to reddit

Old 09-16-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Jeff®

Member #: 6995
Check out my gallery 
Windshield washer pump dead.

My washers don't squirt anymore. I can't here the pump motor make any sound. I checked and reseated all the fuses. Anyone ever heard of this before? I also checked the wiring to the pump for anything obvious. I didn't go into it any deeper.

"The Fancy Red Car"
25 Feb 08

Jeff® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 AM   #2
solman98
Platinum Member

Member #: 1557
Check out my gallery 
I've had to replace one on a different vehicle before.

Black chrome lower billet, black chrome custom grill, K&N, LED tails, stock fogs on aftermarket wiring kit, 48" RECON "Big Rig" running board lights, 18" Cobalt Polished alloys, turbo tech sway bar. all exterior lights swapped to LED's, 35w 5K DDM HIDs. Upgraded to SS front rotors.
solman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Darkangel

Member #: 15112
Check out my gallery 
I've replaced a few on past vehicles. Not all that unusual.
Darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
Jeff®

Member #: 6995
Check out my gallery 
I went to the dealer yesterday. Bad pump. They had to order it...

I ded get a new keyfob though because the 'unlock' button wouldn't work any more.

"The Fancy Red Car"
25 Feb 08

Jeff® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Biff

Member #: 5575
Check out my gallery 
Hey Jeff,
when the pump was dead - did you hear anything at all under the hood?
The washer pump on our '08 LT is not pumpin' but I hear a faint click
under the hood when either washer control is used. (front or back)

Is this a warranty item per chance? :-)

Jim
Old 11-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
urbexHHR

Member #: 14016
Check out my gallery 
I had that happen on mine...but my fluid froze up. It was winter and the dealer put some cheap stuff in that couldn't take the cold.... Gotta love dealers that are going out of business...
1983 Chevy C-10 Scottsdale Pickup (166k miles) Built 4/83 in Flint, MI, Received 1/05
urbexHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
ghostdragon

Member #: 54274
Check out my gallery 
I know this is an old thread but I think mine died too. Wipers work but nothing squirts. I do not hear anything when I push the button to call for fluid.

Reservoir is full. I filled it last week before vacation and changed the blades. Checked operation then and they squirted fine.
It rained a little bit while on vacation and the wipers chattered for a few minutes. Not sure if it is because it spit rain and windows were not wet enough and just coincidence that the fluid will not squirt now or is all somehow connected together.

Any ideas?
ghostdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
ChevyMgr
Super Moderator

Member #: 4865
Check out my gallery 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdragon View Post
I know this is an old thread but I think mine died too. Wipers work but nothing squirts. I do not hear anything when I push the button to call for fluid.

Reservoir is full. I filled it last week before vacation and changed the blades. Checked operation then and they squirted fine.
It rained a little bit while on vacation and the wipers chattered for a few minutes. Not sure if it is because it spit rain and windows were not wet enough and just coincidence that the fluid will not squirt now or is all somehow connected together.

Any ideas?
Replace the pump. Using the wipers will not damage the pump, it's just a dead pump.

ChevyMgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
ghostdragon

Member #: 54274
Check out my gallery 
I did not think using the wipers would damage the pump. I just wondered if there was any connection.
I finally popped the hood and the reservoir is almost empty. It was full before vacation and I did not use the sprayer while on my trip. So where did all the fluid go? Do I have a bigger issue than a dead pump? Did it leak out from the pump?

Also, is it difficult to change the pump?
ghostdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
843de
Administrator

Member #: 21740
Check out my gallery 
You may find the washer bottle/tank is cracked, it looks like a pretty simple job, the washer bottle and pump are only held in with three bolts. One at the front, one at the back, and one on the inner fender.

On being left in a parking lot for 500 million years: "The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into sort of a decline"-Marvin the Paranoid Android
843de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 PM

submit to reddit