Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

The New Navbar.....

Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
It took me a day or so to transition to it (we had both the new and the old for a couple of weeks to play with it) - I am liking the new one better so far. The realtime icon at top is kinda fun to watch. Ok, maybe I am easily amused?

Thanks Whopper for the triangle clue..... My page doesn't show it without scrolling to the right.
I leave my Favorites on all the time and that moves the main page display to the right.

Maybe that's my First Suggestion,
Move the Triangle to the left a ways so people like me can find it without having to scroll everytime to start ??
Old 08-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Silverfox
Thanks Whopper for the triangle clue..... My page doesn't show it without scrolling to the right.
I leave my Favorites on all the time and that moves the main page display to the right.

Maybe that's my First Suggestion,
Move the Triangle to the left a ways so people like me can find it without having to scroll everytime to start ??
Ok, so far we got requests for:
- return a link for MYPOSTS (so people can find their own recent posts)
- move the Triangle next to the members sign-in name from the right to the left of the name so it is a little more accessable for some users

More? - lets list them in this thread and we'll pass them on in a batch rather than one at a time.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Premium Member

Think I'll just go on vacation while you all have fun with the learning curve. Enter this in the HHR of the month, some day...
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2013, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
Yes the site has changed, a new Navbar has been added at the top of the page to improve the site's function and user friendliness.

So how has it made it more user friendly?

For me I NEVER use any of the links on the left. Well one, in a very very great while, I might use the forums link. But non of the others.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:32 AM

Great upgrade. I have had better luck in the past going out of the site to google for searches great to see the upgrade on the searches.
also I always look at recent posts and sometimes my posts
thanks Mike (843de) for the explanation on clicking on the triangle in the upper right
then clicking on subscribed threads.That appears to me to be more efficient than before since I can tell right away if I am subcribed to a thread and what type of notification setting I have entered.
Finally thanks to everyone involved for working on this update, I get involved into these types of updates and the after effects at my work I know how much work goes into testing the software alone not to mention the after math.
Great job a nice new update for an already timeless classic vehicle the HHR

Old 08-27-2013, 09:50 AM

Like anything new it will take getting used to, I miss the easy My Post link, and New post link, The Large Gold empty Bar on top has a lot of wasted space,other then a few links.. I assume that will be filled in with HHR pic's or ?
FYI I am bad with change as I am a Tech Tard!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Ok, so far we got requests for:
- return a link for MYPOSTS (so people can find their own recent posts)
- move the Triangle next to the members sign-in name from the right to the left of the name so it is a little more accessable for some users

More? - lets list them in this thread and we'll pass them on in a batch rather than one at a time.

If you move the triangle ..move it far enough to the left to fix the problem.

On my screen it would be just to the right of the maroon letters "search"
which are on the right side of the search box.
Otherwise it's a wasted effort for me.

SilverFox
Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Deceased

OK folks, the "My Posts" function/tab will be back!

Renee at IB is working to add it to the revised Navbar, its misplacement/removal was an oversight that we all missed in the run up to making the Navbar hot.

It's going to take some getting used to for all of us, but it now brings our site inline with IB's other sites, and in the long run it will prove more useful especially the Google linked Search function.

Keep the input and questions coming, and they'll be addressed.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

Oh, there is something extra coming as well - not related to the NAVBAR - but we can't spill the beans yet. Nope, nope nope!!! Sworn to secrecy we are.

843de and I have been playing with it, and so far looks pretty cool, and is going to be very useful for a lot of us.

So stay tuned for another announcement.

Last edited by whopper; 08-28-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 AM

Did not do anything to my HHR, but the new format this forum STINKS this may be my last time to even try to check the forum.??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The New Navbar.....