South Central TX, OK, AR, LA

Houston Chevy Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:27 PM

Houston Chevy Dealer

Anyone have a recommended dealer? I just had the worst experience I have ever had at a dealer. Champion Chevy on HWY 6. This is long but I thought I would share. My wife to our HHR in for service 3 weeks ago to correct some TSB issues and to get a tire repaired. We had bought a tire warranty as well. The service guy was new but helpful and said he ordered all the parts and would call when they were in to have them repaired. One of the tires could not be repaired so they replaced it. At no time did anyone tell my wife that the tire was below the tread wear and we would have to pay for the replacement.

Fast forward to last week, after getting a call that the parts were in, she asked about the repaint. The service guy said he would call back. Never did. So she needed another tire repaired and took it in last Friday.

5 hours later she leaves with a rental. It took 5 hours for them to authorize a rental. Meanwhile the Body Shop Manager tells my wife we should take the car back to the dealer we got it from for them to repaint. He actually told her it wasn't fair for them to paint the car at their cast since this dealer didn't sell us the car. (BTW that dealer is in Dallas 4 hours away). She said we wanted it fixed here. So he said he would look at it and determine if it was needed.

Fast forward to yesterday, she gets a call and says her car is ready. She asked about the repaint and the service guy says the body shop said it didn't need it there were no chips. I call this guy and ask him did you look at the car??? He says yes it was not bad enough and I should wait for the damage to get worse??? Then when my wife shows up there is a bill for $275 for our deductable on the warranty. When she initially took the car in it was under the 36K warranty, when they finally get around to fixing it it is over the 36K mark and on the extended warranty. $130 was for a new tire not covered under the warranty which she has been driving on for over two weeks. Like I said no one said anything about the tire when she had it repaired. She told we were not paying any of it and asked to talk to the Service manager. She told him the same thing and she walked out with her car.

She gets home and I wanted to see how they could have not seen the damage on the rear quarter. Well I look at the car and the entire car is dirty just like when she took it in. There is mud slung onto the area where he supposedly looked for the rock chips.

Who do I call within GM to report this stuff to? I took pics of the car where they "inspected" the damage. This is totally unacceptable. The whole dealership is wacked...

So I need a dealer recommendation...

Last edited by DFWHHR; 08-08-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 PM

well if you were here in dallas i would reccomend Huffines, but me not know for the houston area. good luck w the dealer
Old 08-08-2007, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by DFWHHR
Anyone have a recommended dealer? I just had the worst experience I have ever had at a dealer. Champion Chevy on HWY 6. I took the HHR in to have the sides repainted per the TSB. The Body Shop Manager said he took a look and recommended I wait until it got worse. My wife picked her car up today for some other repairs, all TSB and the car was still dirty from when we took it in. There is NO WAY he could have told whether the paint was chipped or not, the car was too dirty!!!

So I need a dealer recommendation...
call ron carter in alvin, ask for dawn. she took care of our hhr and they gave us a good rental for free and all... its a little far to drive to alvin but i know people who come in from la porte to have regular service done here... we had our old sunfire repainted when someone caved in teh side and you couldnt tell where the repairs were. if you need more info feel free to send me a pm or an email...
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

GAY

does GAY have a chevy dealership in houston?
Old 08-08-2007, 08:48 PM

There is 'Gay Pontiac' in Dickinson, TX, about 30 minutes southeast of downtown Houston on I-45.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:04 PM

We just bought our 07' HHR from Lone Star Chevrolet off of 290 and west rd.

We have never had a problem with them. My bro-n-law uses them for servicing and they have never had a problem with them either.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM

My first post.. Just bought my New Baby from Munday Chevrolet just north of FM1960 on 45.. and I must say, they were the best people in the world to deal with!! Fabian and all the guys there were awesome!! I had made the mistake of buying an Aveo from Land Mark (or Land Shark as they are called) and hated every minute of it.. But the Guys (and gals) at Munday were awesome!!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:33 AM

Lone Star Chevy

Hwy 290 and Eldridge.

Bought mine there. Had a run in with a curb when someone pulled out in front of me. Took my car in for 2 new tires and a wheel replacement plus suspension repair ...... only took them 4 days from start to finish! Their service department has always been good to me (had a suburban also).
Old 07-07-2008, 05:47 PM

not sure on the service yet,but ron carter in alvin took care of me and my wife. HUGE dealership.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 PM

i retract my statement about ron carter!!!

Quick Reply: Houston Chevy Dealer