South Central TX, OK, AR, LA

Met w TomsHHR tonight- Spring Creek, Humperdinks, Tagging HHRS and back

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Deceased

Met w TomsHHR tonight- Spring Creek, Humperdinks, Tagging HHRS and back

Tom came to town and what a great guy. he does training and goes all over so he really has the propensity to meet alot of other members from other areas.

met him at his hotel in Irving and he scoped out Shaggy some and then we put his rented silver HHR at his room and went to Spring Creek BBQ. great meal and great chat all around.

we then went to Humperdinks and had a beer there from their brewer on the location. good stuff. drove around all the restaurants there and tagged 2 HHRs, one with Florida tags at one restaurant, Pappadeaux's Seafood and then went across the street to a Pappa's Steak House and tagged a black and orange HHR. we then went back and i dropped him off and took a quick pic of both HHRs. his was a rental silver LS.

we also saw this ford on the way out of Humperdinks. pics here

i was trying to get the timer to work and it got this shot of Tom looking at the planes from DFW. we were about 2 miles away. he said he had to get there at 2 am for a 6 am flight so i didnt stay too long and he was tired from all the training.

look da planes da planes
just kidding, Tom is a great guy
Old 08-10-2006, 10:51 PM

Sounds like you two had a great time. Nice pictures too. Cool looking Ford.

Tom was here in Denver a while back...but I had some family stuff come up at the last minute and didn't get a chance to meet him. Hopefully next time he's in town, we can hook up for dinner or something.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:05 PM

Tom, sorry I missed you guys this time around. Looks like you guys had a great time.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Deceased

OH and i forgot
No dead deer on the hood

i wsa expecting to at least see a t shirt w deerheads w x's or lines through them for everyone he has killed.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Banned

I like how Tom even rents HHRs while on the road.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM

I have to tell everyone that Cj is one heck of a guy and to see that car up close.. Pictures don't do that car justice. Sound system and all. and a Peppie HHR.. The rest is a secret because we cannot incriminate ourselfs. Yep I spied one HHR and Cj did this speed turn into the parking lot. Then we spied 3 after that one. Light silver, dark silver, black and even Deb and My fav color Orange..

Thanks CJ for taking the time to get together.. and it turned out we had some things in common, dirt track racing, type of music, type of chevy we drive, but I do drive a little slower.

And yes I did have a trip with all them texas deer still ok for the hunters.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Deceased

Hey Tom
if you ever want to kill a deer the normal way, my best friend, best man at my wedding, who is a vet in Belton and he has a spread near Lampasas that has over 1600 acres surrounded by a river on 3 sides.

amazing piece of land w a 3 bedroom brick home on it to have to rough it camping while hunting. turkey, dove, deer and even wild pigs. he even has 4 wheelers there to go on to the stands.

i can go anytime i want during season
Old 08-12-2006, 07:29 AM

I have several that are in my yard all the time because of where my place is out in the country. Rutting in late Oct and Nov is a treat in the evening at my place. The bucks and does are running circles here sometimes and I have video of 2 bucks dueling in my front yard. Pics of a giant 9 point and the 11 point I got 2 years ago, looking through the video I have he was there 2 different times. The walk up to the window and look inside sometimes. and Yes I bow and Gun hunt for deer. Have to use a crossbow because of my left elbow injury.

And I am back in Denver labor day week from Tuesday to thurs night, leave Fri Morning. I will be in Millbury MA the end of Sept for 3 training days.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:41 AM

Cool Tom...let me know what dates for sure and I'll see if I can get the other members together and we can all go out for dinner one night while you're here. I'll tell the kids mom is not available for anything this time.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:41 AM

Cool pix. Its nice to see members met up