South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

To All Florida Members

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:38 AM

To All Florida Members

Hey All,

Fingers are crossed and prayers going out to all Florida Members as Isaac starts barreling towards ya!

I know its not quite an Ivan or an Andrew but my familys thoughts are with everyone to make it through safe and sound!

By the looks of it its gonna head towards my hometown area of Pensacola.

Everybody be safe, and try and buy something other than bread!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Platinum Member

Yep. Not looking good for us Alabama folks either. I'm right here on the coast so if it comes this way we will certainly feel the effects.
I've lived in this area for 52 years and weathered some storms. Just not looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully it will not be much more than a minimal hurricane or less.

Foolmoon: I'm only about 40 miles from P'cola.
We do NOt need another Ivan in this area.
Thanks for the thoughts and concerns.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 AM

Yea here in Sarasota were looking at greeting some pretty good tropical storm force conditions. We went through a tropical storm a few years back and it was plenty bad. Don't want anything more than that. Plus we have had so much rain. Looking at major flooding across my area.

My family went through hurricane charley. Lost our house and most possessions. I thought hurricanes were cool before that. But after seeing what was left of our town of port Charlotte, I never want to experience that again.

Best of wishes to you fireman. Stay safe.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Yep. Not looking good for us Alabama folks either. I'm right here on the coast so if it comes this way we will certainly feel the effects.
I've lived in this area for 52 years and weathered some storms. Just not looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully it will not be much more than a minimal hurricane or less.

Foolmoon: I'm only about 40 miles from P'cola.
We do NOt need another Ivan in this area.
Thanks for the thoughts and concerns.
Yeah, I was still at UWF when Ivan hit. It was BAD! So sorry Fireman looks like a little more West now. After Ivan me and my roommate at the time ended up helping out the Redcross pass out water bottles. we were on CNN driving around town in 4x4 with a big ole American flag waving out the back while passing out supplies. Never saw destruction that bad outside of a warzone. To see one foot I beams twisted like bread ties around trees was almost incomprehensible. Whole houses floating in back bay, Pcola beach, perdido key cut to ribbons. That roommate is in Okinawa now and they just got hit yesterday with TCOR-1, some people have all the luck. Be safe!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:33 AM

Here comes the gouging. Wife just told me gas went up a quarter overnight, and were in Tennessee.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Here comes the gouging. Wife just told me gas went up a quarter overnight, and were in Tennessee.

Gas went up $0.10+ here yesterday ($3.59 to $3.70 at the corner station). I haven't gone out today to see how much they went up since yesterday.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Down here in Ft.Lauderdale dealing with Isaac right now and honestly its not any worse than a strong rain storm. So based on that, its not that bad.They have announced saturday schools being closed for monday. I was in the center of Ivan when it hit and Isaac doesnt have anything on Ivan.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:31 PM

It's really drifting farther away. Headed for Alabama new Orleans area. Best of wishes to anyone in that area.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Yeah, they are sometimes a crap shoot where they go. Just hope NO got their levees and pumps working this time.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 PM

Been tracking this for days.There was a trough that didn't have much effect on it or else it would have turned more north toward us here in Tallahassee.There is still a mandatory evac. Monday for St.George and Alligator point south of here on the coast. Here in Tally they still expect tropical storm force winds over 250-300 miles from the center,so as far as size it's a pretty good size storm.Hope our members to the west of me stay safe thru this thing.

Quick Reply: To All Florida Members