South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Deb/CJ Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:09 PM

Talking Deb/CJ Get Together

Well...Deb & the infamous CJ finally met today in Denver along with his lovely wife and daughter. He called me when he got to town and we were at the car wash doing our thing to my HHR. Asked him where he was...and he said I'm at Checker Auto Parts on Federal. Told him to go look out the window and he would see me (car wash is 2 businesses down from Checker ) So he comes down while Henry finishes the car and look over his HHR. WOW...what a machine...looks much better in person...pictures don't do it justice.

Next we head to Wishbone Restaurant up the street for a late lunch. Food was great and we were there for nearly 2 hours shooting the breeze. Then we went out and took a few pictures of ourselves and the HHR's together. After that, we headed to my boyfriends house so they could see my boyfriends 74 Olds Cutlass and talk more about the HHR's, which was at least another half hour.

They are great people and humored CJ & I while we talked HHR's nearly the entire time. It was great getting to meet him and his lovely family and Henry and I had a blast this afternoon. I'll let CJ tell you other things I may have forgotten...so on with the pictures.

Two HHR'S together...Blue & Orange in Denver Broncos Country.

Name:  2hhrs600x450.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  2hhrs2600x450.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  61.7 KB

The Infamouse CJ Krause
Name:  cj1600x450.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  71.0 KB

Deb & CJ With their HHR's
Name:  debcj1600x450.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  71.5 KB

My Boyfriend Henry's 74 Olds Cutlass

Old 06-25-2006, 07:46 PM

Great pix Deb. Cars are looking good. Hope you and CJ had fun.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:58 PM

I like the car. Interested in selling it? lol..jk Did you try following him? Crazy driver he is.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
I like the car. Interested in selling it? lol..jk Did you try following him? Crazy driver he is.
Nice Olds...isn't it? He's thought about selling it...but he's pretty attached to it. He started it up for CJ when he was here...it's a great car with a 350 engine and 3.42 open rear end gear and automatic transmission with a shift kit in it. Thing runs like a raped ape and he can chirp the tires going thru the gears.

You're right about CJ and his driving. We got in our car at the car wash and turned around and he was nowhere to be seen until we pulled into the restaurant parking lot. He's definitely nuts...and sure knows how to get on it with his HHR.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Deceased

Deb and Henry were great and we all had a great time. Food was great and really reasonable. the tab for 5 was about less than 4 so it was my pleasure to treat Henry and Deb.

Henry has done a great job w Debs HHR. that is one shiny HHR. he really has it shined up and lookin gooooooooooooooooood. Should pay him to do mine if i was going to be here longer. my car had bugs on it from trip down and so i did not have the advantage of getting it washed.

i have discovered that i know have bug strikes on my back wheel wells. that is hilarious.

Deb got to let her hear me crank my stereo and she seemed to like it alot. had too much stuff in it to show her the amp set up in the back.

all in all too short of a time and get together. if you are near Denver, meet these 2, they are great

my tail lights have 1/8 in chrome and Deb has 1/4 in chrome
Old 06-25-2006, 09:56 PM

Looking good!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:13 PM

Uhoh....Deb...Was that your gas tank door open? D'oh!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Deceased

i think she was advertising
lol
Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 PM

WOW CJ you must love to Travel. First Florida with Dan-D now CourthouseDeb. Are you going to come to NYC next to visit me and Captain Howdy?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:11 PM

Yeppers...not sure how that happened. Must have leaned against it in the parking lot...cuz it was closed when we left the car wash.

Thanks again CJ for treating us to the late lunch. Food was great, as usual...and considering how busy they were mid afternoon, service was quick like it always is. Like I told you and your family...that place has been around since the mid 60's and they have the best food at very reasonable prices.

Henry sure does a good job with the HHR. It helps that he details cars for a living...a definite perk for me.

Stereo in CJ's car sounds great with addition of new door speakers, pillar & back door tweeters and set up in the back...all hooked up to stock radio. Gonna have to get me one of those factory subwoofers and wire it into my 6 disc system and get some new speakers as well. (hint, hint to those who may not need their factory sub anymore ) That way when the harness comes out, I can go to aftermarket HU and be ready to rock & roll.

Like CJ said...we didn't really have as much time together as we would have liked. I'm sure we could have sat up half the night shooting the bull. And by all means, if you're coming through the Denver area...let me know...we'd love to meet you.