South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Flagstaff Run???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:12 PM

I am and ready just not from June 14th-June 24 I will be out of state
Old 05-24-2006, 11:23 PM

Cool Wow

I was surprised it was SoCal that opened this up!!

I hadn't read it because of the distance. Sedona is cool and artsy!
I'' keep an eye on this thread now dudes!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:48 AM

Smile

i am a newbe and this is my first post. I have beeen silently observing and gaining knowledge. you all have been most helpful I love this car and would love to take a trip to Flagstaff. depending on the date I could be up for a journey
Ducman
Old 05-25-2006, 01:49 AM

Craig, we used to go mtn. biking in Sedona when I owned my bike shop. Very cool! We stay at L' Auberge - google it! I know some great places to eat and to hang in Sedona - but not too sure about cruisin' there. Sedona's cool - but it won't be this summer!!! Flag is a little more temperate - but not as iconic. I'm up for whatever you ADR's decide...
Old 05-25-2006, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ducman
i am a newbe and this is my first post. I have beeen silently observing and gaining knowledge. you all have been most helpful I love this car and would love to take a trip to Flagstaff. depending on the date I could be up for a journey
Ducman
Welcome, and congrats for stepping out into the light where we can see you!

Do I smell a Ducati? (ducman)
Old 05-25-2006, 08:59 AM

Here are a couple of sites to check Sedona and Flagstaff

http://www.visitsedona.com/index.php

http://www.flagstaff.az.gov/
Old 05-25-2006, 10:04 AM

Well, Flagstaff is definitely cooler, but Sedona's pretty nice, too. Best thing is if you head North from Sedona towards Flag or the Grand Canyon, most of the drive is slow, windy, and covered by trees, as well as lined with small rivers on the side. I've taken that drive a few times, and it is awesome. It's the slower way to get to the GC, but definitely worth it - it's a drive you take your time on.

I'm also up for going up there on a weekend; the only time I can't is the last week of June/First week of July - I will be out of town, as well.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Platinum Member

Flagstaff/Sedona Run

Yeah...count me in. Was thinking about trying to connect with other "Zonies" to do this...glad you started it.

If we can get enough interests maybe we can work a deal with a lodging and meal provider.!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:32 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by ducman
Ducman
Yes welcome dude oh, er... Ducman!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Well, Flagstaff is definitely cooler, but Sedona's pretty nice, too. Best thing is if you head North from Sedona towards Flag or the Grand Canyon, most of the drive is slow, windy, and covered by trees, as well as lined with small rivers on the side. I've taken that drive a few times, and it is awesome. It's the slower way to get to the GC, but definitely worth it - it's a drive you take your time on.

I'm also up for going up there on a weekend; the only time I can't is the last week of June/First week of July - I will be out of town, as well.

Agree with you the drive up to Flagstaff is very awesome ride. Since we are going up north we wont have to worry about it 120 outside. Maybe we should shoot for like the 2nd or 3rd week in July. Meet up in the valley and make the trip up as a group
What does everyone else think of that time frame?