South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Flagstaff Run???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
We are wanting to leave for the GC (that's "Grand Canyon" - not Guitar Center ), no later than 9am. It's 1-hour from Williams. so that puts us at the rim at 10am - good for pictures.

As always I'm flexible, so we will probably just leave whenever you guys pull in! You will most likely want to get out, stretch your legs, meet people and shoot the breeze for a while in Williams, if so, you should try to leave a bit earlier - we don't want to get to the Canyon at noon (it's hotter, and a bad time for pictures with sun straight up, too many shadows).

Thoughts?
I have no problem with leaving early just know we have people coming up from Tuscon and that is about 2 hours from where they will meet us, I am guessing they do not want to leave at 4 am
As long as we have to taffic delays we should be there around 9 am so we can leave the KOA around 9:15 or so, enough to say hi meet everyone and hit the road. We can always chit chat at the GC and once we get back to the camp site.
I agree we dont want to get up to the GC very late due to the shadows. I went a couple of summers ago and we took the train out of williams up there and every though that was fun, it gets up there kinda late for good photos.
We got lucky and had cloud cover so that helped out.
Az members any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Sorry, I've been very busy here and have not had time to get ahold of her.

Perhaps you could shoot her a call tomorrow and see what's the deal? (You've just been Deputized!)

Thanks!
SoCal Mike....."Deputy" Snoop here...

Called the KOA and talked with someone other than Rene (she was out).

They have 6 spaces total, "rented" to anyone from Western States/Region HHR Club. She is suggested that other people have probably rented under only their personal names.

She also suggested those that did not mention the HHR Club should recontact them at 800 562-9379 and indicate the HHR group.....so the quantity discount can be given....and she can group Club members together..... I already have reconfirmed.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 PM

Good job "Deputy" Snoop I know I told them about the club I also had to talk to someone else. She did find the info and booked me under the discounted price even though at the time we were a few short.

I would suggest anyone who did not say anything about the HHR club to callback so we can get the discount
Old 07-09-2006, 12:23 PM

Got my "Keg-A-Que", so we'll be able to burn some burgers! (GRIN) Tucson folks ready to go. We will TRY to be at KOA by 9 AM, traffic etc. allowing.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikeguru
Got my "Keg-A-Que", so we'll be able to burn some burgers! (GRIN) Tucson folks ready to go. We will TRY to be at KOA by 9 AM, traffic etc. allowing.
So I take it you should be at the outlet mall around 7AM? I will be a little before that and waiting in the parking lot.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Uh, which parking lot? I'm unfamiliar with the Anthem Outlet Mall. How many from the Valley plan to meet there? If we get lucky, we (Tucson folks) might be able to get to Anthem a little before 9. (Fingers crossed).
Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Of course, I meant we might get to Anthem BEFORE SEVEN, not 9! (Oops!)
Old 07-09-2006, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mikeguru
Of course, I meant we might get to Anthem BEFORE SEVEN, not 9! (Oops!)
scared me when I read 9. If I remember there is the sign for the mall onin the parking lot. I think that would be the best spot. I think there are only a couple of HHRs from Phoenix going up Sat. morning with us. So we should have 4-5 HHRs making the trip in the morning.
Let me know if you want I will send you my cell phone number.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:38 PM

I assume the sign you spoke of is near the entrance? I'm sure Jason knows where to go. Anyhow, feel free to call me on my cell phone at 520-245-8273. I would welcome having yours as well. - "SS" Mike
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 PM

Good News.....
Our KOA News
Campfire ban lifted beginning July 14
Thanks to monsoon rains, campfires and charcoal grilling will again be allowed beginning Friday, July 14. Fires will still need to stay small and will not be allowed in windy conditions.