South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Grand Canyon/Williams Recap

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:45 PM

Grand Canyon/Williams Recap

What a blast. Some stories to be told and stories that will be left at the KOA
The Tucson group En0onmai his girlfriend and Mikeguru his wife and daughter ran into some taffic delays but made it to the meeting point where Mrs Retoburban her 2 boys and her friend and myself along with my wife sat chatting. After a "pit stop" some photos and small talk the four HHR's had to hit the road. Of course we run into some traffic delays so time had to be made up. What a sight four HHR's in a row going anyway from 80-100 and cars moving to stare at us . Once we made it to the KOA we found the Cali group SindyDix and Mr B along with Mr and Mrs HHR DYLT talking to another Arizona member Mr and Mrs Snoopy who left on Friday. So the group was all there. Tossed the tent up some small chit chat and time to run to the Grand Cayon. Nice little ride on the back roads 7 HHR's in a row, made a small fuel stop for a couple of cars and time for more photo's. Finally we are at the GC. Time to park the cars in a row, and do some looking over the side of the GC. For those of you that have been you know what type of views we had, those of you that have never been it is well worth you time to see. The group split up since the Arizona group needed food, most had been up since about 4:00 am driving and need to put some fuel in are tanks. More siteseeing and more photo. Finally time to head back to base camp. The Arizona group gets back and soon the Cali group starts to roll back in. Arizona group goes out to Dinner and Cali group gets the camp fire going. Not sure what stories they have but I am sure everyone will update as the get time and rested up.
After Dinner a drive though Williams on route 66. Lots of stares as we rool through town. Get back to camp and it is story time. Lots of laughing and more laughing. On Sunday morning we broke camp and headed back into Williams. We found a old gas station that is now a gift shop/gas station museum. The owner was nice enough to let us all park right in front and take photos in front.
Overall this was a very fun trip. To those of you that made this trip My wife enjoyed herself had a blast. We both enjoyed meeting everyone of you. Hopefully we will be able to all do something like this again, maybe another place along route 66 in Cali or at the London Bridge. Once again it great to meet all of you and YES pics will be posted as I get the uploaded. Look forward to see what photos you guys have.

You Guys Rock
Old 07-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Deceased

i want to see between 1 to 2000 hhrs next august at the National meet
cant wait till the pics and more stories
Old 07-16-2006, 06:50 PM

Sounds like everyone had a great time...and I understand that things happen that stay where they happened.

Look forward to hearing from others and seeing the pics.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Founding Member

Teaser pictures

Here are just a couple of teaser pictures to get ya through.
Mr. B and I had a blast. We are whooped though!
Just over 900 miles round trip for us.

I'll put up a quickie web picture page for you all over the next couple of days.

Mr. B made a few decals.

This sign was posted in Snoopy's cabin, struck me funny.

The orange HHR in this group picture was our honorary guest. It's driver(s) were German tourists.
We flagged it down as it passed by while we were all across the street to get this group photo shot!
I think they thought we were all nuts!

HHR DYLT and Sindy Dix just had to stop in Seligman AZ to eat at the Road Kill Cafe!

Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM

Cool pics Sindy...looking forward to seeing more. I can just see you guys flagging down that HHR now.

Glad to hear you all had a great time. Love Mr. B's decals...those are cool.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 PM

Darn Sindy I should have went to eat with you guys. Glad to see you mad it home safe.
Deb, we also tried to flag down a silver HHR to join in the photo shoot, but I think we scared them they drove away real fast.

I am working on uploading some photos now.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:01 PM

It was an amazing time . I hate that I had to head back Saturday night, I would have love to have spent more time getting to know everyone! I guess I'll have to wait until the next trip!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Retroburban
It was an amazing time . I hate that I had to head back Saturday night, I would have love to have spent more time getting to know everyone! I guess I'll have to wait until the next trip!!!

Glad you at last got to run up to the GC with us. Hopefully you snd the husband can make the next run we make. The Arizona group was already talking of another one soon.
Gina got some good photos of your HHR and they will be posted soon.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:50 PM

Photos

Here you go some more teaser photos for you to check out. I do not have a web page to post then on but below is the link to the photobucket site.

Just click the folder titled CG Williams and enjoy. For those of you that went on the run and would like me to email you any of the photos, just let me know what photo you want and I will get it over to you. I will also be burning a DVD from the film we taped, I will probally add the photos on those also, it wont be all fancy or anything. I will let you know when I get it done and if you want a copy let me know at that time.

Dwayne

Arizona Group En0onmai Mikeguru dbarberaz Retoburban
Name:  DSCF0497.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  34.7 KB

On the Road
Name:  DSCF0508.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  15.3 KB

The Canyon
Name:  DSCF0554.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  203.4 KB

Deer on the roadway
Name:  DSCF0588.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  71.5 KB

Camp Site HHR DYLT and SindyDix HHR's
Name:  DSCF0597.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  64.6 KB

More Photos

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i159/dbarberaz/
Old 07-16-2006, 11:01 PM

Lets try this: link works to all 35 pics.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid11578775

Quick Reply: Grand Canyon/Williams Recap