SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

2.0L Issues speak up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:45 AM

for those of you that been here 4 awhile,you know of the infamous cracked ic piping when i took my car home off the lot. well during the holiday weekend,my clutch pedal bracket welds broke!!! the flimsy tack wells i guess was not meant for upgraded clutches due to more pressure than stock??? oh well welded it up and put a bolt through it. dealer in the town i was in tried to screw me. they wanted the car for 3 days and tried to tell me it's an internal problem(slave cyclinder,pressure plate,etc...) so,if you plan on upgrading your clutch,keep an eye out for this. had my clutch since jan. and this is just now coming up.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
for those of you that been here 4 awhile,you know of the infamous cracked ic piping when i took my car home off the lot. well during the holiday weekend,my clutch pedal bracket welds broke!!! the flimsy tack wells i guess was not meant for upgraded clutches due to more pressure than stock??? oh well welded it up and put a bolt through it. dealer in the town i was in tried to screw me. they wanted the car for 3 days and tried to tell me it's an internal problem(slave cyclinder,pressure plate,etc...) so,if you plan on upgrading your clutch,keep an eye out for this. had my clutch since jan. and this is just now coming up.
This should be written up and put as a Sticky. Very important.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Nothing new here my 1968 Chevelle SS 396 clutch pedal welds broke with a heavy clutch in it.

Mustangs adjusters break too if not upgraded with heavier than stock clutch.

Just one of the things that shows up no matter the year or make.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM

My clutch pedal bracket broke also, with a stock clutch. The welds are not strong enough, GM realized this and redesigned the bracket. This is a warranty issue that should be fixed for free.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/clutch-pedal-bracket-23691/
Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 AM

Well it's back in GM's hands again another CEL the MAF,and T-MAP sensors, just like last time the tech reflashed it and said that fixed it,OBVIOUSLY that didnt fix it....I went to the dealership yesterday while they were closed and to find out that they were tinkering with the car, I found my electric cut-out opended and l;eft open. What an ARSE chewing they will get come Monday morning.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Programmer
Interior rattles and clunking while shifting are the only things that really bother me about my SS.

Oh, and the lack of traction in 1st. This is not the car to buy if you want to win stoplight races without massive wheelspin and attention-getting tire squeal. If I launch without spinning the tires, it doesn't feel much faster than my old SE-R Spec V which had 175 hp. Of course once second gear kicks in, it starts to feel much quicker but around town, that's already well over the speed limit
I hear you on the above. Wish the tranny was slicker, like my old Firebird. Interior rattles just scream "CHEAP" build.
Other that than, I'm well satisfied.
Jim
Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM

The only problem I've got with the SS is that I dont have one yet. If the dealership would ever get one that wasn't a panel, I'd be good
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM

Well the dealer screwed me., They said since I changed out the Inter-cooler piping from the broken crap that i had from the dealer. And since I changed the exhaust the warranty is no longer valid.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
Well the dealer screwed me., They said since I changed out the Inter-cooler piping from the broken crap that i had from the dealer. And since I changed the exhaust the warranty is no longer valid.
exhaust systems will never void warranty. They are full of ****. The IC piping shouldn't void the warranty either because it doesn't change anything. F-In GM and the thier stupid failure is making them pinch all the money they can and screw the Customer. My next car will be a Japanese car. I'm even a hardcore Chevy fan. You Lost me GM.. Eat Crap!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Exactly Im glad my Civic is back on the road so I can go thru their parking lot now and smoke the parking lot with white smoke and posi traction marks......I agree on GM eat dog crap....I will go AEM or Haltech standalone now and for sure install the turbo now..I havent installed it yet...But it will be now for sure

Last edited by gcsd3742; 06-08-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quick Reply: 2.0L Issues speak up