SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Clutch Pedal Spring Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:15 PM

Question Clutch Pedal Spring Kit

Getting ready to do a full clutch replacement on my 09 SS with 113K. Just staying with OEM parts. Over the past year, I have been noticing that my clutch pedal will intermittently return with my foot. I took a look at the return spring and its associated bushings and found that the bushing on the pedal itself has allowed the spring to 'cut' it from the center, out. After reviewing several posts on spring issues, I've decided to replace these items while doing the clutch. I figured because the posts were running a couple years old, the problem of obtaining a 'spring kit' would've been solved by now. However, I'm getting the same story of a nationwide back-order with no in stock date.

I have attempted to order the spring kit (#25867553) online and was told to delete this item or my whole order would end up being cancelled (gmpartsdirect.com). They did tell me that a dealer in California had the 'only' kit and gave me their phone number. I called them, only to be told the kit was already promised to a customer. Our conversation struck me as they actually did not have the kit on hand yet.

So, I went to my local dealer to 'order' the kit. They basically said they would not be able to get the kit... the part number was good and had not been superseded, but the kit was unavailable at this time and did not know when it would be available. I asked about the individual bushing as a part by itself... they did not have a listing for it being available individually.

My question is... what can be done about getting this kit or part? These things break... according to the posts I've read. I do not want to wait until my does break to replace it!
How did anyone else get their's replaced if the part/kit is not available??
Old 05-22-2015, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Wow. I thought the "unavailability" problem on the spring kit would have been solved by now.
I'm now considering checking some of my local wrecking yards. If I can find a decent donor car, I may be able to scrounge up a good spring and bushing set that I can keep as a spare.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:15 AM
Technical Moderator

I did a quick search on eBay, nobody is selling it on the site....but there is a sponsored link to : GM 25867553 SPRING KIT

It's also listed at gmpartsoutlet.net. Seems they all list it, you may have to eMail them to get availability.

I didn't go any farther into the process than looking at the page, maybe they don't really have it.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Ghost parts ? BOO!
Old 05-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Technical Moderator

On a side note; the parts for the ignition and the EPS recalls are listed as NLA. I guess they are using all the production for now.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 PM

Wow. I picked up a spring kit this past November after my pedal spring broke on me. Got it from my local Chevy dealer for something like $27 and a days wait for it to come in. If your in a pinch there's a separate weaker spring kit for non-ss cars you can order, I know thus because my dealer incorrectly ordered it for me on the first try.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:56 PM

Maybe I need to give your dealer a call as mine seemed to give me the 'deer in the headlights' look. I did try ordering from gmpartsgiant, got the confirmation e-mail and promptly the next day... The order was cancelled due to non-availability.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:52 PM

If you want to give it a go I got the spring kit from Terry Labonte Chevrolet here in Greensboro, NC.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:30 PM

I'm trying donbrew's link to driveoemautoparts.com. If I get the same response as gmpartsgiant, I'll be sure to give your dealer a call. Thank you for the responses thus far.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:29 PM
Technical Moderator

There are lots of online GM parts sites. Most sell at discount, some make up for it with shipping. Google "gm parts" for 16,100,000 results.

What's bad is my local Chevy dealer charges shipping on top of full retail if they have to "special" order.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Spring Kit