SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Motor mounts for the ss auto?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:59 AM

Motor mounts for the ss auto?

Does anyone know which motor mounts will work on the ss auto?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM

TTR makes an upper mount.

Dave
Old 08-21-2011, 01:24 PM

The TTR Mount works great on the Auto. Link is in my sig.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Banned

The top motor mount is pointless people
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bartSS
The top motor mount is pointless people
Pay attention Bart, OP's asking about AUTO tranny motor mounts. We don't have the luxury of having PRS' rotated tranny mounts like you brother. Only option we have is TTR's upper mount since no one makes a revised auto tranny mount. OP: I say get one. You'll be surprised at how much play the stock mount has and if you have the GMTU it's a little extra insurance to keep the engine from rocking like a hobby horse under load.

Later
Allex
Old 08-22-2011, 10:24 AM

unfortunately the ONLY option for the Auto HHR SS is the TTR solid engine mount.

upgraded tranny mounts ARE pointless on the Auto HHR SS. the axles on the Autos are already aligned correctly and don't need to be rotated. also i don't believe the Autos are experiencing wheel-hop either.

so if you have an Auto and want to have vibrations get the TTR solid engine mount.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Wow, what an attitude ,is it TTR or you don't believe I could tell if the new mount did anything for the traction??

You two might find it pointless to change. However neither one of you own an automatic ???

There is something up here I have always got great advice from both of you.

I have one and Asanti has one We both experienced a great improvement in the traction department.

So there you go, the Guy's with standard say don't do it. The guy's with automatic's say get one right away.

Let us know what you decide ??
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM

The auto mount works well. The SS feels much more connected to the road and throttle response even feels better. So much so the GF noticed it right away after borrowing the SS and wanted to know what I changed to make such a big difference in it.

After removing the old one I couldn't believe the play in it. I only had 3k on the SS and the mount just flops around compared to the TTR one.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by asanti
Pay attention Bart, OP's asking about AUTO tranny motor mounts. We don't have the luxury of having PRS' rotated tranny mounts like you brother. Only option we have is TTR's upper mount since no one makes a revised auto tranny mount. OP: I say get one. You'll be surprised at how much play the stock mount has and if you have the GMTU it's a little extra insurance to keep the engine from rocking like a hobby horse under load.

Later
Allex
Sorry sir
Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 PM

Been running a TTR upper mount on my SS auto for awhile now. Vibes are not that bad[hardly noticable], and with the Trifecta tune, it definately helps hooking up the power. Noticed big difference in putting down the power after install. For real, the auto's put the power down more consistanly than a shifter. If you don't believe that, next time yiour at a drag race, walk through the pits and see what the big boys are running. They definately are not shifing manually[unless they have a slipper clutch]. " Moon"
P.S, You want to make points, have the GF, put the coochie on the shift knob, and go WOT and few times. You will get lucky.

Quick Reply: Motor mounts for the ss auto?