SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

"Service ESC" message

Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM

thanks.. good info
Old 04-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Could be. Well that puts faith back into my dealer for them knowing that.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Well, i just came back from the dealer, i dropped it off this morning. The manager told me he has good news and bad. The good news is that they thought the problem was bad [ii have to ask what].
But they believe its a ecm issue, from the codes.
They couldnt link up with gm all day to reprogram the car. [bad news] So they kept it for tomorrow. If it fails they will replace the unit.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM

They will keep the car over night again, it was determined by GM and the service manager to replace the computer.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Hopefully this is an end to your ordeal. If it's fixed right-you'll forget something ever happened while your out flexing you SS muscle.

Yes, I'm jealous...

Mike-Fellow LIer.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Founding Member

Looks like GM is trying to figure out a root cause to this.

#PIE0070: EI10105-Engineering Information-Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Message Displayed in Driver Information Center (DIC), DTC C0460 Set - (Apr 21, 2010)

Subject: EI10105 -- Engineering Information --Electronic Stability Control (ESC) Message Displayed in Driver Information Center (DIC), DTC C0460 Set

Models: 2009-2010 Chevrolet HHR

Equipped with Electronic Traction Control (RPO NW9)

Attention: Proceed with this PI ONLY if the customer has commented about this concern AND the EI number is listed in GMVIS. If the customer has not commented about this condition or the EI does not show in GMVIS, disregard the PI and proceed with diagnostics found in published service information. THIS IS NOT A RECALL -- refer to Service Bulletin 04-00-89-053C for more details on the use of Engineering Information PIs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Important: If the customer did not bring their vehicle in for this concern, DO NOT proceed with this PI.

Some customers may comment that the Service Electronic Stability Control (ESC) message appears in the Driver Information Center (DIC).

Cause
GM Engineering is attempting to determine the root cause of the ESC message. Engineering has a need to gather information on vehicles, PRIOR to repair, that may exhibit this condition. As a result, this information will be used to "root cause" the customer's concern and develop/validate a field fix.

Instructions
Note: This EI is only concerned with those cases where the DTC C0460 is responsible for the service ESC message. Multiple DTCs may be present, but C0460 must be one of them.

Gather the DTCs, including symptom codes, from both the electronic brake control module (EBCM) and the power steering control module (PSCM). Try to duplicate the ESC light and, if possible, capture a snapshot of the EBCM VSES Data, triggering at the end of the C0460 DTC with the appropriate symptom code from the DTC history that is responsible for the ESC message.

Record the tire sizes and manufacturer to ensure they are identical.

Call the engineer listed below for further instructions.

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 04-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 AM

New news. Bad news.
I lost the brake pedal twice yesterday. I have to wait till mon for an appointment, they better not say "in 10 days"
Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Service dept had it for 2 days, they couldnt determine the cause.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 AM

jeez, i am hogging the whole thread, anyways i lost 2 inches of height on the pedal [momentarily] this a.m...then it came back. It never crept. My nephew says master cylinder, but i am wondering about the ECBM [brake module] as was fore mentioned. i am getting a little frustrated.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by speedster
jeez, i am hogging the whole thread, anyways i lost 2 inches of height on the pedal [momentarily] this a.m...then it came back. It never crept. My nephew says master cylinder, but i am wondering about the ECBM [brake module] as was fore mentioned. i am getting a little frustrated.
Stupid question speedster but have you checked the brake fluid? Checked for any leaks in the brake lines? Changed rotors/pads recently? It MAY be air in the brake lines but that would happen primarily if a brake job was done and the hoses weren't bled right IMHO. It might not be the cause but it's a pointer that you might want to check out?

Later
Allex

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Service ESC" message