Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Testing the Latest Goodyear TripleTred

Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM

I returned the Ecopia's today. They gave me no hassle at all. Paid a slight upgrade charge to cover the cost difference between the Ecopia and the Serenity. I took them out on the highway and noticed they did feel better and didn't feel like I was going to tip over on a turn. I also noticed they were a little noisier at highway speed though. I only have a few miles on them however so I don't have any real opinions

Concerning the Goodyear tires Trople Tred's, I was hit with an immediate impression that they were just a jaw dropping improvement. I did not get that with the Serenity's I got today but maybe they will grow on me. I will take both HHR's on road trips this summer and give you guys some more input. I do feel "happy enough" with the Serenity's so I will keep them.

I do think I'm going to buy Goodyears from now on.

I should add, both cars have 215/55/16

Last edited by chrispacekc; 06-27-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:55 PM

Time to check in with my long term test of Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds.

They've been on our truck for almost two years and about 30,000 miles.

I continue to be impressed with their treadlife. The rate we're going, we'll have these tires on the truck in 2016.

Also, they remain very quiet. Some times, tires get louder as they wear, but not these Goodyears. The only thing I haven't been able to test is how well they work in the rain now that they've worn a bit. Where we are in California, we've had so little rain there's been little or no wet weather driving.

About all I do is rotate them every 10-12,000 miles and check their air pressure once in a while.

Would I put another set on the car? Well maybe but at the rate they are wearing, Goodyear will likely have some newer/better product on the market before they wear out, so I'm keeping an open mind.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks for the update Hib - and also making us in the Pacific NorthWet feel bad with the lack of rain in your area.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:39 PM

Another six months on my set of Goodyear Assurance All Season tires and I'm at 40311 miles on them. I'd say there is about half tread left. My guess is they'll go 60,000-70000 miles before they need to be replaced–as long as I keep rotating them.

I said they'd be on the car until 2016 and I'm sticking' to that, however, as much as I love this little truck, I'm thinking about selling it next year. My Wife has driven it since new and after seven and a half years, I think it will be time to get her something newer and something nicer wince the "Great Recession" has been slowly going away. My dream car for her is the soon-to-come Caddy ATS-V, but a standard ATS likely makes more sense economically.

In the meantime, we totally love these GY Assurance tires. They have great tread life, are quiet, handle well and look great.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:26 PM

Just put a set of these in 215/50-17 on my HHR. They are quiet, great in the snow, and are a quantum leap in ride quality. WOW what a difference! They are the best tires I've ever had.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:20 PM

At 129,336 miles, my Wife and I have decided to sell our 2007 HHR as we have a new car for her. A combination 60-th birthday/8-th Anniversary present was a 2016 Cadillac ATS-V.

So–my long-term test of the Goodyear Assurance Triple-Tred All-Season concludes at 54566 miles on the tires and plenty of tread depth left for the next owner. My guess is there is at least 15,000 miles and perhaps 20,000 miles left in these tires.

These tires provided very good dry traction for an HHR with stock suspension. Their performnce on wet roads and in cold wet weather was outstanding. Needless to say, I was amazed at the tread life. Additionally, these tires were as quiet and smooth-riding at 54,500 miles as they were when I first installed them.

The only care we gave these Goodyears was rotation every 10,000-15,000 miles and occasional air pressure checks. With light loads we ran them 26-28 psi cold. Heavily-loaded we ran 32 in the front and 30 in the rear cold. While the Goodyear Assurance might be priced a bit higher than "low-end" tires, the amazing tread life makes them a great value.

If I was keeping the car, I'd put a second set of Goodyear Assurance Triple-Treds on the car when these wore out.

Image at top is the front and the image on the bottom is the rear.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Images   
Old 10-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Thanks for your report! I'm sold!
Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 AM

I have a set on my 2011 1LT. They have about 24,000 miles on them & have been rotated once so far. I have never had a better set of tires on any car when it comes to bad weather performance, & definitely smooth riding.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:20 PM

I have been so impressed with my first pair I bought another pair of tripletred' to replace the Bridgestones I had on my 2010. These tires are amazing!! Super quiet and in control.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:17 AM

How about the performance in the snow and ice ??

Also I do not see the Triple tread listed on The Tire Rack.

Are you sure it is still a current tire?

I do see the Assurance Comfort Tread ???

SF

Last edited by Silverfox; 10-15-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Testing the Latest Goodyear TripleTred