War Stories HHR vs all

hhr 2.2 vs civic lx

Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 AM

hhr 2.2 vs civic lx

well i guess ill tell my first (hhr) kill story... not fascinating but ill share haha.
it was the day i bought my hhr 8-02-2012. i was drivin down Hamilton and came up to a red light. and a kid about my age (22) pulled up next to me in a new styled civic lx. our windows were down and i looked over and nodded. he started smilin and said "NICE HHR" and proceeded to giggle. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. so i grinned and pulled up and revved it a lil. he pulled up as well. threw it in L and waited. the light turned green and i floored it! he was close but still at my driver door. redlined into 2nd and started to pull away redlined into 3rd. i cleared him he was atleast 2 lengths back now and we pulled through the light. so he caught up with me at the next red light. and i looked over and smiled and said " nice civic. hows it feel gettn beat by my hhr?" needless to say he wasnt happy. he turned off into a parking lot and dissappeared. i had a pretty good rush goin. new car and first kill haha
Old 08-28-2012, 08:25 AM

Nice kill, but beware... Cops like kids who race. its easier to spot... And you will lose you license and in some cases your ride, and if there is a freak accident with injures.... Jail time. Just so you know the risks... @22 I thought I was indestructible.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 AM

i owned a 99 grand prix gtp befor the hhr. if i race its usually highways at night or damn near barren streets. ive had my license suspended twice in the gtp and 3 tickets where my night escapades were caught. since my last suspension ive calmed it way down especially after my daughter was born in may. i take my races to the strip now. or atleast in time with the hhr i will lol. but i do appreciate your concern moon! not alot of people nowadays do.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM

Hey im guilty of a little street racing at times too, and it seems you have experienced some of the repercussions associated with the practice. Just stating the risks/cost.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:36 AM

Way to get the respect. At least in the HHR you should attract less attention from the cops. I love how Civic owners seem to disappear like a dog with its tail between its legs when they realize they're outclassed. Note to the Civic crowd, be careful what cars you pick on, your ride isn't what you think it is.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:43 AM

I don't know breadfan, there is a civic at my local track that sends me packing pretty quick.
it runs 6.90!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
I don't know breadfan, there is a civic at my local track that sends me packing pretty quick.
it runs 6.90!
I knew that was coming. Does it say LX on it?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:51 AM

Here in CA, at least, you can't street a turbo car that came from the factory without a turbo. (or engine swap to a way different engine) There are fast Civics at the track here too but they aren't the same ones as on the street.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM

well it might saw LX but have a B18 lying in the darkness lmao! have only had one beat my gtp and thats why the dreaded B18 with twins... hate rich kids... my car is sponsored by my wallet not mommys or daddys. i enjoy the satisfaction knowing i sweat for my projects!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:58 AM

and the less attention from the police. way noticed i threw a RS Type can on my hhr and its tucked away to keep the obvious attention down. people expect a civic or some sporty 4 banger i love it, but the look people get when i start to move my car is PRICELESSS. nice little WTF?!?!? lmao

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hhr 2.2 vs civic lx