War Stories HHR vs all

HHR SS vs 99 Mitsubishi eclips

Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 AM

HHR SS vs 99 Mitsubishi eclips

So this red Mitsubishi eclips with sponsor decals and a fire extinguisher on the A pillar thought he could take me on. Lol he never caught up not even close. I guess he thought the little fire extinguisher on the A pillar was suppose to give him extra HP?? Lol
Old 04-23-2013, 04:25 AM

How about some more details.
I am curious since you have the gmtu and automatic.
Was ut from a roll?
I know mine snd others at times will not full boost from a roll with auto if it senses any bosst first.I was told by one of the gm engineers and others that it still is putting out the same torque either way. Sure does not feel it though.
Anyhow more details would be good
Maybe if he used his fire extinguisher out yhe window for boost it would have helped lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM

"Maybe if he used his fire extinguisher out the window for boost it would have helped lol "...HAHA Good One!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 AM

good thing he had that fire extinguisher to COOL HIM OFF after his traumatic experience lmao. nice kill foxtrot!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Was ut from a roll?
I know mine snd others at times will not full boost from a roll with auto if it senses any bosst first.I was told by one of the gm engineers and others that it still is putting out the same torque either way. Sure does not feel it though.
Maybe if he used his fire extinguisher out yhe window for boost it would have helped lol
Mine does the boost thing too. I changed the bpv and the intercooler piping thinking I had a leak. Does it with trifecta, did it with superchips.....I'm lost on what it is....I assume a throttle position thing?

And foxtrot, I seen a 99 ish black eclipse around my neck of the woods a few times that has checkered pinstripes that are white, and has big number 3's on the doors.....not sure what he's going for, but dale Earnhardt theme on a 99 eclipse with a fart can is pretty stupid IMO....Monte Carlo should be the car with that stuff?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:07 AM

Mine before the clutch died took on a stock evo8. From a roll. Ofcorse i won, was a 30mph roll. From a dig like he wanted he got me. Hard to believe stock they arent that fast but w minor things, pretty unstoppable.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:33 AM

Guessing it wasn't a turbo
Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 AM

One from a stop then from a roll at about 35mph. Yeah I get that boost thing sometimes. From a roll I got 10 then it went up to 15 psi after 2nd gear. From a stop I got about 22psi it snapped my neck back. That guy didn't have a chance

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Was ut from a roll?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Miltown SS
"Maybe if he used his fire extinguisher out the window for boost it would have helped lol "...HAHA Good One!
Lol that was funny!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by B.Diggity
Mine before the clutch died took on a stock evo8. From a roll. Ofcorse i won, was a 30mph roll. From a dig like he wanted he got me. Hard to believe stock they arent that fast but w minor things, pretty unstoppable.
Yeah I beat my friends evo 9 mr as well as my friends charger. I love this ride

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HHR SS vs 99 Mitsubishi eclips