War Stories HHR vs all

Share your civic races!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 PM

Share your civic races!!!!

yesterday when i pulled out of work on a lunch break i hear a fart cannon start going nuts, next thing i know a rusty crusty civic with a bright shiney 6" muffler flys past me. my pride forced my ss into second gear and the throttle wide open. a squeel of the tires and instant boost had me caught up with the civic before third gear. i looked over, gave him a smile and a peace, shift to third, and never looked back.

i live in southwest detroit, home of the civic. i can tell you atleast 15 funny civic stories. but i want to hear yours. everyone here has embarrassed a teen in a rice burner atleast 5 times.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:42 PM

SS vs any civic = unfair...lol

I got behind one getting on the expressway right after I got my new wheels. He had an exhaust and from what I could tell a decent suspension setup with a rear sway bar. He gunned it and gunned it and I damn near pushed him down the on ramp and once we hit the highway I pulled away. I slowed down for him to catch me and he was embarrassed I guess because he didn't even look over. The 2.4 in these wagons is strong for all it is.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 PM

a couple of weeks back I was sitting at a red light waiting for green. there was construction on the other side of the light, which went to a single lane(2 lanes before at light). sure enough a red civic hatchback with black bumpers and red rims pulls up in the lane that is ending on the other side of the light. waiting for the light he is reving, and looking over at me. I am normally not a big street racer(depending on my mood) I usually try to get good mileage out of my SS. So anyhow I power braked my SS and launched like a maniac and was gone. after a few minutes he catches up to me and I roll down my window and wave. He screams "is that turbo'd?" I shake my head yes and he guns it and pulls away. Since this was the first time I seen the back of his car, I notice he has chrome balls below the rear bumper...I thought it was kind of funny because I would only consider putting those on a truck
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 PM

I'll let someone else share their story, albeit an Integra -
http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...8307&p=4306327

Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM

I don't street race and I'll spare you guys my opinion on that but the other day I was getting on the freeway and two typical Civics were in front of us on the onramp which goes from two lanes down to one before it enters the freeway. Neither one of them gave up the spot and they actually bumped into each other and then pulled off to the right shoulder to discuss it. We actually stopped as witnesses but they waved us on.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Schulte
I'll let someone else share their story, albeit an Integra -
http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...8307&p=4306327

thats awesome!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Biggest problem is when you don't know you're racing them and still beat them.

I was at a light getting onto I84 in NYS. You have to make a left turn. 2 lanes that turn to 1 on the ramp. The light turned green, I made the left and was blabbing to my wife when I first heard something like a castrated weed whacker coming from somewhere on my right side, then noticed a Civic's front fender out my passenger side mirror. It looked like he was on it full throttle; I wasn't at the time, but went back into 3rd from 4th, seen the boost gauge shoot up to about 18-20psi, then seen him disappear. I had slowed down to 60mph upon entering a bridge that's notorious for police supervision, then the guy passed me going 80mph like he was king of the road. I told my son about it and he referred the passing action after the action is over as "the ricer fly-by"; like they have to recapture some semblance of dignity.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 PM

Around my way, civics, and Altimas are the best cars ever. Just ask their owners. I have destroyed many of them in my Impala SS, and my wifes modified GTP.

I am not sure how anyone thinks they are fast. Maybe an "R-type" decal gives 100 hp.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:58 PM

http://www.calibersrt4.net/street-ra...re-hhr-ss.html

Not a civic, but a pretty cool forum I came across. Funny how many excuses come out of nowhere for the csrt losing to a hhr

Title says it all "beware hhr ss"
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by IMPALADAKID
Around my way, civics, and Altimas are the best cars ever. Just ask their owners. I have destroyed many of them in my Impala SS, and my wifes modified GTP.

I am not sure how anyone thinks they are fast. Maybe an "R-type" decal gives 100 hp.
Or the Corolla "S".

This beast has a whopping 132hp 1.8L dual VVT-I engine. Maybe they double the horsepower if you buy the 2nd "S" decal?

Quick Reply: Share your civic races!!!!