War Stories HHR vs all

SS vs Taurus SHO

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
Seriously! Also, I don't care how many Horses it has, I'm not paying $40k for a taurus anything.
oh I'll NEVER own anything but a GM. would not buy it if it was $20,000
Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by badassbowtie
i would imagine from a roll it would be close...not a chance in hell from a dead start...365 horses and AWD.

top speed 115?????
115 top speed!!??!?!? I was thinking that was a bit low as well.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Breadfan
Heh, I guess I coined a new term. He referred to his ride as the lunchbox. He "ate the other guy's lunch" because that guy wasn't expecting the HHR to take off like a scalded frog. Therefore, "unexpected lunchboost".
I love it! Should get emblems made that say Lunchboost!

And for those reading, sometimes I just have to see what the other car can do. My neighbor is all Ford, was a Ford technician now working Ford Corporate. Ecoboost is all I hear from him. Well, not impressed at highway speed. And this guy was a car length off my bumper as we both were changing lanes. He had a passenger I assume to be his wife/significant other and I had my wifey in the car. I nailed it and I could see him do the same behind me. Folks I walked him like a stepchild! He tried me twice, same results both times. ~70 to *** (three digit number).

Lunchbox FTW. Automatic, GM stage 1 2010 VR 15K on the odo.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Hearse
This had to have been a 90s model SHO. They are slower than molasses on wax paper

That ^, sir is a negative. I live in Ford land (have lived, breathed,eaten vehicles all my life and recognize 90% of the vehicles on the road today). It was a "be there" and I was there. This was a current generation SHO. Pretty new as the undercarriage was pretty clean ( I checked up to get a good look at the driver side and rear end when I realized he was exiting and to see his face). Driver Mid-late thirties with a very attractive wife.

Bright sunny day around 4pm, temps in the 50*'s with gusty ~18mph headwind we were traveling WB.

These little cars are deceptively fast with the right "nut" behind the wheel.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Maybe he hit the speed limiter. That'd still be embarassing as you could have taken him with any vehicle with a higher top speed.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 PM

Maybe he wasn't racing
Old 04-24-2012, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by got2boostit2
I love it! Should get emblems made that say Lunchboost!

And for those reading, sometimes I just have to see what the other car can do. My neighbor is all Ford, was a Ford technician now working Ford Corporate. Ecoboost is all I hear from him. Well, not impressed at highway speed. And this guy was a car length off my bumper as we both were changing lanes. He had a passenger I assume to be his wife/significant other and I had my wifey in the car. I nailed it and I could see him do the same behind me. Folks I walked him like a stepchild! He tried me twice, same results both times. ~70 to *** (three digit number).

Lunchbox FTW. Automatic, GM stage 1 2010 VR 15K on the odo.
Nope, can't beat the lunchbox if ya aren't racing.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:02 AM

Maybe he hit the speed limiter. That'd still be embarassing as you could have taken him with any vehicle with a higher top speed.
for him then.

Maybe he wasn't racing
& he was.....
Nope, can't beat the lunchbox if ya aren't racing.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:29 AM

Thumbs up

I looked up another few sites and they are all reporting the top speed on the Taurus should to be 115 MPH
Twin Turbo v6 running 13.7 @103 in the quarter stock.
0—60 5.?
I think the lunch box had a gmtu on it.
So from a roll I would put my money on the lunch box.
I would also assume that this car was stock and did not take to long to hit 115?

I also am betting that ford geared the sho to run quick I highly doubt it will run 155 unrestricted.
Just imagine how much quicker our she's would be in the quarter if they had the gearing of the non Ss's
But I think gm made a good choice with the ss's gearing.

Chalk one up for the lunchbox

Here is a site comparing the show to a mustang
http://carsort.com/compare/Ford-Taur...Manual-V6-3.7L
Old 04-24-2012, 06:42 AM

This had to have been a 90s model SHO. They are slower than molasses on wax paper
89-95 SHO's were limited to 143mph. 220hp yamaha built v6's that would rev to 8k. Had three of them. 96-99 SHO's were 235hp yamaha built v8's....those were pigs. For the early 90's they were pretty quick. for an average sedan, they still aren't terrible. got my unmodified 90 5spd down to 15.2 in the 1/4.

Quick Reply: SS vs Taurus SHO