"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Fixed my water leak, last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 AM

I have the exact same problem again. The first time it was covered under warranty. This time the dealership says that it is not covered because service work only has a 1 year or 12,000 mile warranty. Where is the blower resistor located at? I need to replace that as well now.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:12 AM

It's on the bottom of the evaporator/blower motor case,inside the car.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by ZTony8
It's on the bottom of the evaporator/blower motor case,inside the car.
Thanks, kinda where I thought it would be, right under the glovebox where the water comes dripping in to the car.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:59 PM

tooter1....help!!!

I like to say, great detail in your description, nice pics.
so after I read this thread, I haver to go out for a short time, and what do I notice????? the driver's side floor mat is soaked & the carpet underneath , but not the underside of the floor mat. so I am assuming that after the mat got soaked, it just ended up flowing over to the carpet....
I also had detail paper sheets on the mats, so I didn't notice the wetness when I moved the SS out of the rain last night.
It's one of the first times the SS has sat out in the rain (a very heavy rain) uncovered, as I always cover at work. but we just came home from the shore and I knew I had to wash anyway.
Was your leak on the driver or passenger side??? I would also assume that your fix would be good for both sides of the vehicle, or is there another butyl patch on the driver's side? going to do the job today or tommorow. any insight is appreciated from you or anyone.......thanks..............
Old 09-13-2008, 06:00 PM

No, this is the passenger side the repair is on for the butyl patch, the whole area under the cowl is open except this side.

Here you can find the link to the tsb file that I gave him:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...8&postcount=12

Hope it helps.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:02 PM

Talking Water leaks into passenger / driver footwells.

Guys and gals, I am in the middle of rectifying my leak on the drivers side footwell (it is almost dry now). I have definitively isolated the leak source to be the drain tube running from the sunroof to where it exits, which is a black rubber piece between the door hinges (in front of the wiring harness). Pour some water into the non-leaking drain hole in the corner of the front of the sunroof area (sunroof open) to see where the water is supposed to come out. Mine comes out where it is supposed to but also leaks inside at the door pillar below the air bag. I ran weed trimmer line down the drain tube from the sunroof, and also the reverse, to verify that there was no blockage. So I know what and where the leak is, but I have one more issue, and that is how to remove the inside door pillar cover (contains the air bag and tweeter) so I can have access to repair the sunroof drain tube. Any links, photos, etc, that would help do that would be appreciated. I suspect that many of these leaks have the same origin, which is why the dealer cannot locate them. They are looking in the wrong place! Took me only 10 minutes to verify my leak origin. Hope this helps. Now if I could just get a free replacement shifter assembly I'd be okey dokey.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 PM

Clint,
At the top of the a-pillar cover, there is a oval shape plastic plug which you can remove with a small blade and behind it is a screw. then I believe the pillar cover swing from the top so that it will clear a tab at the base which is behind the dash. Very easy to figure out once that screw is removed.
Thought the side air bag if you have one is in the center post and is marked air bag. The front pillar which has the tweeter does not have an air bag.

Last edited by an08HHR; 09-05-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by thedonn007
Thanks, kinda where I thought it would be, right under the glovebox where the water comes dripping in to the car.
I hate to ask this... anyone have any pictures of whare this is? I found whare the blower motor is, but i'm not sure what the resistor looks like...

also, anyone got a part number for this resistor?

I've had this problem since the beginning of winter last year and I'm finally getting to this issue.

thank you
Old 04-02-2010, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by sunbound
I hate to ask this... anyone have any pictures of whare this is? I found whare the blower motor is, but i'm not sure what the resistor looks like...
thank you
Old 04-02-2010, 05:48 PM

Thank you VARY much! now my motor works properly... I just hope the rubber thing hold out... it was barely big enough to cover the big gaping hole under it... and it looks like it was starting to crack in places... Is there anything special about this piece of rubber, or can i just replace it with a piece of rubber from an inner tube?

Quick Reply: Fixed my water leak, last night!!