Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   2.0 Performance Parts Listing (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/2-0-performance-parts-listing-17914/)

EcotecRacer 05-13-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B (Post 643424)
"Directed" Cold air intake (Airbox delete kit) from clear image automotive:

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/...air_intake.php

I have a custom Secret Weapon Cold air intake system with electric turbonater charger but currently haveing issues with running to rich. Probably the heat shroud I have is restricting my filter. Plan on buying this set up but useing an AEM dry filter or a Spectre Cone Filter for massive air.

NOTE TO ALL HHR SS owners: If you want to greatly increase whp with your cold air intakes.... use heat shield tape (2000 degrees protection) and wrap every single tube the air is going to pass through. This is the only way to get TRUE cold air. You should be pulling in 60- 70 degree air on a 80-90 degree day with heat shield tape. Found at your local automotive store (autozone, advanced auto parts, napa and so on). I would even recomend wraping the heat shield with this stuff.

Another quick tip is Aluminum tubing is always cooler than plastic or steel tubing at op temp.

If you are tuned as you say and still too rich then your tuner doesn't comprehend didi or LNF period Cause fuel trims are easy unless you run mixtures

Bushmaster11B 05-13-2012 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by EcotecRacer (Post 643441)
If you are tuned as you say and still too rich then your tuner doesn't comprehend didi or LNF period Cause fuel trims are easy unless you run mixtures

Couln't tell you what kind of tuner was used. 2nd owner here. All I know is it was tuned. This is unrelated to the thread fyi.

Breadfan 05-14-2012 12:19 AM

Oooh, you are talking about the heat drop across the intercooler after the air has entered the intake and gone through the turbo and the hot-side piping. At speed, I've got (roughly) 100* before the IC and 80* after on a 95* day. I'm pulling air directly from the engine bay through a drop-in K&N filter. (same diff as using an SRI, except I have the bottom of the airbox between the intake and the engine) It goes up about 10* when I'm stopped. If I had any heat wrap, I'd wrap it up and find out what the temp did. I have not accused you of lieing. In fact, I hope my above detail will help you decide what parts you need and may save you some money on parts you don't. I think ppl are trying to help you. If you changed the parts on your intake, you need a retune. Even just a filter brand change is enough to through off a tune on an LNF engine.

Bushmaster11B 05-14-2012 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Breadfan (Post 643456)
Oooh, you are talking about the heat drop across the intercooler after the air has entered the intake and gone through the turbo and the hot-side piping. At speed, I've got (roughly) 100* before the IC and 80* after on a 95* day. I'm pulling air directly from the engine bay through a drop-in K&N filter. (same diff as using an SRI, except I have the bottom of the airbox between the intake and the engine) It goes up about 10* when I'm stopped. If I had any heat wrap, I'd wrap it up and find out what the temp did. I have not accused you of lieing. In fact, I hope my above detail will help you decide what parts you need and may save you some money on parts you don't. I think ppl are trying to help you. If you changed the parts on your intake, you need a retune. Even just a filter brand change is enough to through off a tune on an LNF engine.

Your post has given more insight of what to do. Thanks for the temp reading from your set-up. I'm interested to see what heat wrapping would do if you are running that low of temps with a K&N drop in. That's impressive to say the least. Thank you for your help.

KissMy08SS 05-14-2012 12:43 AM

If you changed the parts on your intake, you need a retune. Even just a filter brand change is enough to through off a tune on an LNF engine.
110% agree. These LNF's are very very very very picky......

EcotecRacer 05-14-2012 08:31 AM

They already covered it on retune

Ironhide 02-07-2014 05:38 PM

Just so everyone knows, adm performance no longer works on HHR's.

black Tara 06-25-2015 10:55 AM

This thread is old and way out of date. I think it should be closed and start a new one!

Kersh 06-25-2015 02:39 PM

Agreed. I was looking at the links and couldn't believe the number that no longer worked.

mblandsr 09-23-2015 07:51 AM

Performance Parts

Thanks this has really been a great help.........:bow:

Mike