Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   2.0L Crankshaft Pulley (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/2-0l-crankshaft-pulley-12462/)

JBP 01-05-2008 12:16 PM

2.0L Crankshaft Pulley

JBPs got a lightened 2.0L Crankshaft pulley already in manufacturing for the HHR-SS! Should be here in End of Feb/Early March.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...aftpulley8.jpg

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil...ftpulley82.jpg

SindyDix 01-05-2008 12:52 PM

Please let us know when you are ready to go to market with this so we can get you set up to become a Supporting Vendor to be able to promote your products here at ChevyHHR.net!

JBP 01-05-2008 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix (Post 225123)
Please let us know when you are ready to go to market with this so we can get you set up to become a Supporting Vendor to be able to promote your products here at ChevyHHR.net!

we sent our cheque off to JonyyB last week! :cool:

HillsdaleHHR 01-05-2008 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBP (Post 225129)
we sent our cheque off to JonyyB last week! :cool:

Cool :thumb: :thumb:

JoeR 01-05-2008 05:52 PM

In the meantime, contrary to JBP policy, please provide creditable documentation that this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Note folks: JBP has NEVER provided anyone with anything creditable to document their questionable claims!! :eek: :confused:

FWIW: As an engineer with a Masters in ME with many years of auto experience, to put it simply....

The miniscule change in rotational enertia in comparison with the whole drive train, any change in just a pulley is paramount to TOTAL BS and marketing propaganda to empty your wallet!! :eek:

But, if you want to believe the hype, the only thing that will be faster is your dwindling bank account!! :roll:

JBP 01-05-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR (Post 225212)
The miniscule change in rotational enertia in comparison with the whole drive train, any change in just a pulley is paramount to TOTAL BS and marketing propaganda to empty your wallet!!

Yeah thanks for that.. :nuts:

Anyhoo.. We are going to be looking for testers when we receive our first two prototypes near end of Feb.. If any customers who will be in possession of an HHR-SS would like to participate as a tester and is local to us OR remotely situated, drop us a line. There's a free crankshaft pulley in it for your troubles!

Local testers will be required to perform free dyno testing and receive free installation of the pulley. Remote testers will require to do dyno testing (at your cost) since we don't have control as to how/who is performing the dyno testing and will also receive a free crankshaft pulley..

Free Pulley anyone? :cool:

MOTRV8D 01-08-2008 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR (Post 225212)
...FWIW: As an engineer with a Masters in ME with many years of auto experience, to put it simply....

The miniscule change in rotational enertia in comparison with the whole drive train, any change in just a pulley is paramount to TOTAL BS and marketing propaganda to empty your wallet!! :eek:...:

well to continue the discussion, here's part of the wikipedia explanation regarding aftermarket pulleys...

...(aftermarket) pulleys are marketed as performance enhancers that actually net additional engine torque and horsepower by reducing parasitic drag caused by belt-driven accessories but more importantly by being lighter and reducing rotational mass. Horsepower gains from underdriving alone are usually minimal, 2-3 wheel horsepower depending on the engine. HP gains from being lighter can be significant, from 4-14 HP for normally aspirated engines to 12-25 HP for forced induction engines. These are some of the best HP improvements enthusiasts can find for their money. Be careful if your car is driven on the street to not have more than 15-20% underdrive.
Im not taking sides but Im very interested to hear some of the results once they start to come in...
BTW, what percent is the underdrive of the JBP unit? And why do FI engines benefit so much?

Here's the whole article BTW:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underdrive_pulleys

c2vette 01-08-2008 10:41 PM

Also not taking sides, but when they talk about forced induction benefitting most, they imply supercharged (not turbo) because you are turning the supercharger faster for a given engine rpm, and therefore getting more boost (this is a very common hop-up). If you drive your alternator slower (for example) you MAY not get sufficient charging.

MOTRV8D 01-09-2008 12:49 AM

yeah there are a lot of pulleys available for my car (98 Z28) but I never put one on since it might not be the best for the electrical accessories. It hauls booty well enough with just the intake and exhaust mods I did. The Borla ss catback really opened it up. But id like to see the results of the guinea pigs. :D

JBP 01-10-2008 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D (Post 226276)
well to continue the discussion, here's part of the wikipedia explanation regarding aftermarket pulleys...

That wiki excert is a good example of how aftermarket pulleys contribute to horsepower gains. Our LSJ pulley that is already out on the market increase 5.5HP on the dyno from a stock cobalt. We're still waiting on testing of a modified cobalt to see what results we'll net.

BTW, what percent is the underdrive of the JBP unit?

By 0%. We've asked around and the majorityof the customer base does NOT want an underdrive pulley.

And why do FI engines benefit so much?

c2vette replied about supercharged vehicles benefiting from underdriven pulleys more so... This is true because the circumference of the crankshaft pulley has changed, such that the rpm of the supercharger pulley will increase, like a gear ratio.

yeah there are a lot of pulleys available for my car (98 Z28) but I never put one on since it might not be the best for the electrical accessories. It hauls booty well enough with just the intake and exhaust mods I did. The Borla ss catback really opened it up. But id like to see the results of the guinea pigs.

All we're waiting for is an HHR-SS or a Cobalt SS/TC customer who wants a free pulley... :)