Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Boost/Yesss! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/boost-yesss-16864/)

hogwild 07-18-2008 03:38 PM

Boost/Yesss!

Just plugged in my HRC tuner, WOW!!! I am very pleased!! The power comes on smoothly and reminds me of a V8(almost LOL) IMHO this was an excellent investment per HP. Why wait for a GM stage kit when you can be the black or blue or orange etc sheep of the family now and run circles around the rest!!:one: Compliments to Hahn Racing for such great tech support! Aaron is great:bow: You dont just want one of these tuners , you need one!!!!!!

turbo wanabe 07-18-2008 04:18 PM

Glad to hear that you like it. I love mine and really enjoy running it throu the gears (as soon as I get it back).:D :D

rileytech 07-18-2008 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by hogwild (Post 292022)
Just plugged in my HRC tuner, WOW!!! I am very pleased!! The power comes on smoothly and reminds me of a V8(almost LOL) IMHO this was an excellent investment per HP. Why wait for a GM stage kit when you can be the black or blue or orange etc sheep of the family now and run circles around the rest!!:one: Compliments to Hahn Racing for such great tech support! Aaron is great:bow: You dont just want one of these tuners , you need one!!!!!!

Why wait for a Stage kit? One word --> warranty. Duh.

hogwild 07-18-2008 05:45 PM

Some of us like to play outside of the box, you stay inside where it is obviously comfortable for you duuuuh!

SSilverbullet 07-18-2008 06:22 PM

Actually, if you get GM stage kits (if they become available) and have them install it your warranty shouldn't be voided. Then again, that'll cost you more money than doing your own mods and possibly voiding your warranty.

Lone Ranger 07-18-2008 06:32 PM

And GM has a tech notice out on how to check if the ECM calibration is not the original GM cal.

rileytech 07-18-2008 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by hogwild (Post 292077)
Some of us like to play outside of the box, you stay inside where it is obviously comfortable for you duuuuh!

Well some of us bust our behinds at work every day for a relatively small paycheck and don't have the luxury being able to fork out the cash for warranty voiding mods. So I am just fine being "inside the box" as you put it. Its called making sound financial decisions.

rileytech 07-18-2008 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger (Post 292095)
And GM has a tech notice out on how to check if the ECM calibration is not the original GM cal.

I saw that. Gay. Why does GM have to spoil our fun? :(

hogwild 07-18-2008 07:02 PM

RT we are in two different places in life right now. Ive worked hard all my life to get out of the box and have done it! I truly hope all your hard work gets you out of the box too!! No fight here! Take it easy and enjoy:nuts:

rileytech 07-18-2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by hogwild (Post 292101)
RT we are in two different places in life right now. Ive worked hard all my life to get out of the box and have done it! I truly hope all your hard work gets you out of the box too!! No fight here! Take it easy and enjoy:nuts:

Likewise man. Hopefully I will get to hop outside of said box someday. In the meantime, its work work work. The military doesn't pay the best, but at least I can afford such an awesome ride! heheh.