Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   BTF Bigwheel Kit (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/btf-bigwheel-kit-19031/)

AaronSS 10-22-2008 10:14 AM

BTF Bigwheel Kit

Bald Turbo Freak from the Solstice forums has a K04 that he's fitted with a bigger inducer wheel. Dyno results are coming soon, but he's hoping for 335+whp on a stock Solstice with only a tune. With our lower drivetrain losses...

There are some issues with surge in the midrange that can be tuned out by dropping the boost in the midrange with HPT, and then get full boost from 4500-7000+. Less power midrange, but more power under the curve. It's also possible that supporting mods like a catless downpipe and intercooler would eliminate surge. Cost is ~$830 with a two day turn around. Looks like another good option that I thought I would share.

crazysteve 10-23-2008 08:04 AM

this is what i was wanting to do, sweet some one did the leg work for me now i just have to hand over the money....aaron were can i get some more info on this turbo.

XXL 11-17-2008 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by crazysteve (Post 322012)
this is what i was wanting to do, sweet some one did the leg work for me now i just have to hand over the money....aaron were can i get some more info on this turbo.

Here's a thread at Solstice Forum on the details of the Sneaky Pete, or you can contact him via his website.

camaro98z28 11-17-2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by XXL (Post 328735)
Here's a thread at Solstice Forum on the details of the Sneaky Pete, or you can contact him via his website.

I think this would be the best way to go with the room we have. 335 whp is pretty damn good and reasonable for these cars.

mightymouse 11-18-2008 05:46 PM

i guess this is not an option for me since i have a hahn/bsr tuner...

Dr_Jekyll 11-18-2008 06:28 PM

It's option for you Mightymouse, just alittle more expensive an option compared to others.:2cents:

08redhhrss 11-18-2008 06:53 PM

That's what I was wondering.....can you get the tuner upgraded, or changed to support other mods? Might be a question for Bill, unless you guys know.

XXL 11-18-2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 08redhhrss (Post 329012)
That's what I was wondering.....can you get the tuner upgraded, or changed to support other mods?

BSR has made it very clear that they're not interested in supporting upgrades to the current tune. They make too much money hooking... er, eh... selling "basic" tunes in Europe to care about our niche market. If you've got the BSR tune, you're stuck with it... no changes, no selling to someone else.

08redhhrss 11-18-2008 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by XXL (Post 329036)
BSR has made it very clear that they're not interested in supporting upgrades to the current tune. They make too much money hooking... er, eh... selling "basic" tunes in Europe to care about our niche market. If you've got the BSR tune, you're stuck with it... no changes, no selling to someone else.

That takes care of that! Thanks

mightymouse 11-19-2008 12:01 PM

from what i understand that might not be true. we will have to wait to see... also just wanted to say,no one is "stuck" with a tune. i can take it off and get an hptuners if i choose to do so lol.