Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Dropping the car off at Magnaflow next Monday (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/dropping-car-off-magnaflow-next-monday-16294/)

ColeTrickle 07-01-2008 03:57 PM

Dropping the car off at Magnaflow next Monday

We are gonna see what we can do Cat Back wise on the SS.

Based on my experience with Magnaflow they should produce a mellow yet agressive tone with un-mattched real world horsepower gains.

They really haven't played with the SS yet but have had great gains with the solstice GXP and Sky Redline.

I will post before and after dyno graphs (dyno jet) once the system is complete.:thumb: :smile:

NickHHRSS 07-01-2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ColeTrickle (Post 283510)
We are gonna see what we can do Cat Back wise on the SS.

Based on my experience with Magnaflow they should produce a mellow yet agressive tone with un-mattched real world horsepower gains.

They really haven't played with the SS yet but have had great gains with the solstice GXP and Sky Redline.

I will post before and after dyno graphs (dyno jet) once the system is complete.:thumb: :smile:

Ask them if they need to dyno an auto as well, just for GP ;)

ColeTrickle 07-01-2008 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by NickHHRSS (Post 283513)
Ask them if they need to dyno an auto as well, just for GP ;)

I will know where to go if they want to walk that path:):thumb:

hogwild 07-01-2008 05:37 PM

lWhat gives????

Ive been calling Magnaflow about once a month about our catback system and their site says in stock, but when I call, they say
the system is not in production yet, this was last week????? Are you going in as a test mule or do they actually have the SS catbacks???

ColeTrickle 07-01-2008 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by hogwild (Post 283589)
Ive been calling Magnaflow about once a month about our catback system and their site says in stock, but when I call, they say
the system is not in production yet, this was last week????? Are you going in as a test mule or do they actually have the SS catbacks???

They will be using my car as a test mule. (I was the development coordinator/lead dyno operator a couple years ago:thumb: )

I do not think they have an SS specific system complete yet. I think they built the kit for the 2.2/2.4 and it fit. I think engineering has held up production because they believe there is more to gain with the kit on the 2.0T

I know he wants to try 3" pipe and see if they can eliminate the resonator.

I am hoping for something that is still quiet on the inside while making good HP.:bow:

NickHHRSS 07-01-2008 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ColeTrickle (Post 283600)
I am hoping for something that is still quiet on the inside while making good HP.:bow:

And NOT sound like a ricer with a fart can muffler!

hogwild 07-01-2008 07:21 PM

Ive got a HRC tuner coming and wanted this Magnaflow system too! If you can please make sure the low end torque isnt less with the new catback+magnaflow wont sell this system if it does sound Ricey:eek: IMHO

Chevy SS 07-01-2008 07:25 PM

I think we will want sound clips ASAP after it's done.

ColeTrickle 07-02-2008 11:18 AM

I am sure they will do everything possible to make a great sounding legal system that makes power.:cool:

I will keep you posted with pics. I don't have a video camera that would capture good sound.

hogwild 07-11-2008 01:53 PM

Sooooo, what did Magnaflow say????????:nuts: