2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Finally getting my turbo upgrade installed on Jan 4th

Old 12-26-2012, 07:31 PM

Finally getting my turbo upgrade installed on Jan 4th

I finally have some time to get it done and, after a FEW (cough cough) phone calls, I found a dealer that will do the install. There aren't many HHR SS around here so I could not find a Chevy dealer within a reasonable driving distance that had actually installed this on an HHR.

Actually every dealership that I spoke with acted like they had never heard of this LNF upgrade kit. I had to give them the part # so they could look it up in their system to see if they had the tools necessary to do the work...
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM

Shoot I know the feeling bro. Been there done that. Took me awhile to find one as well. Even had one say they can't install aftermarket parts and I kept telling him is a GM upgrade not aftermarket but he couldn't compute it, and that was from the manager of the service department lol.....anyways as long as they follow instructions you will be fine. When this upgrade is installed correctly the diffrence will be like night and day. It will feel like a diffrent car. Congrats :) keep us posted

Originally Posted by Shaggyofwv
I finally have some time to get it done and, after a FEW (cough cough) phone calls, I found a dealer that will do the install. There aren't many HHR SS around here so I could not find a Chevy dealer within a reasonable driving distance that had actually installed this on an HHR.

Actually every dealership that I spoke with acted like they had never heard of this LNF upgrade kit. I had to give them the part # so they could look it up in their system to see if they had the tools necessary to do the work...
Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 PM

Those of you who have used the Crate Engine depot wiring harness, did you have any problems getting the GM tech to use this on the install since it isn't an official part of the kit?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Premium Member

Sounds like a GM service MGR would rather chop up your wiring and crimp them back together. Than snap in the new harness......I have no hope for them. Don't let them do it, find one with a little common sense.

We could let them talk to my Dealer, they did mine three times, before they got it right. Probably got paid three times to do it too. Might be their fiendish plan for you.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Sounds like a GM service MGR would rather chop up your wiring and crimp them back together. Than snap in the new harness......I have no hope for them. Don't let them do it, find one with a little common sense.

We could let them talk to my Dealer, they did mine three times, before they got it right. Probably got paid three times to do it too. Might be their fiendish plan for you.
I'm not having mine installed until next Friday, but I just wanted to know if I should expect any resistance to using the crate engine depot wiring harness. It would seem to be a no-brainer since it will save them a ton of time on the install, but you never know when it comes to dealership service shops.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member

Since I was one of the first to use the harness, no problems with the dealer using it. In fact, the tech was happy to use it. Said it would save him some time and it was so much easier than having to do the "cut and crimp".
They ask where I got the new improved kit. I told them from a Chevy dealer. They said "No problem".
I had all the parts in the shipping box that had GM Performance Parts on the box.
It shouldn't be an issue for you.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 AM

No I didn't have a problem at all. I did leave a note saying "please use the provided quick connect harnesses" in the box that had all the upgrade parts. Don't know if it made a diffrence but it couldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by Shaggyofwv
Those of you who have used the Crate Engine depot wiring harness, did you have any problems getting the GM tech to use this on the install since it isn't an official part of the kit?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM

Did you get it installed, if so how is it working for you??
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Geese 1
Did you get it installed, if so how is it working for you??
Actually had to reschedule it for tomorrow (Jan 11th) due to the fact that UPS didn't deliver the wiring harness in time.

I'll post up my thoughts tomorrow evening after I have a little time behind the wheel.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:29 AM

I had my kit installed in November, with the crate engine depot kit, dealer had no problems, I was the first they had ever done, and I had no problem with the install or performance, the dealer seemed to like the kit, they test drove it 3 times Before I got to drive it, and then the tech still went with me on my test run, it took them less then one hour to do mine, cost me 87 dollars for the install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally getting my turbo upgrade installed on Jan 4th