2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

hhr ss with the most hp is....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:32 PM

"You are calling 40 old guess Me an Moon must be fossils. Good thing HHR's are easy to get in and out of, just pull the Hoveround up next to it and step in. " Quote from SS Fan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old yes. Fossil not really. I'll be 70[yes seven zero] next month[ And yeah, I still have to slam the toliet seat down on it every morning to get it to go down]. The Hoveround thing hopefully is a few years away, and nothing to look forward to. The SS check comes in handy also.
It seems to surprise people when they see a older guy, pull up, and step out of my modded SS. Actually I look a lot youger than my age[unless people are lying to me LOL.
As to H.P., Yeah I wish the auto could handle more H.P., or I might go the Big Turbo route later. "Moon"
Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
my bad, i wasn't taking it from a stock stand point. i was thinking of what i already have and what i would need to make it happen.

it cost me $500 to have a clutch installed on my old Cobalt SS/SC.

Hahn parts are way over priced, tons of better parts for less money.

no thanks on Trifecta tune, a custom HPTuners tune will be less money and better results.

oh and you have a couple parts listed that have nothing to do with getting to that 400hp mark (sts & springs). the Hahn tune was a waste of money too.
well you right,so minus $450. with just the bolt on's i have,which is pretty much everything hp wise,i doubt a hptune will put more down than what i'm doing. to a certain point, WITH STOCK TURBO, all these tunes will make about the same hp. the reason i went againt the hp tuners is because i didn't want to go through the headache of finding someone to tune the car. hell,chevy barly know anything about the lnf,so your local bad ass evo,sti,supra,etc...wasn't about assume on my car and try to tune it.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:34 PM

I am 21 Years old, bought my HHR SS at 20. I got the car over an 04 Mach 1 because everyone revs at a Mustang NO ONE thinks that a station wagon will walk away from them... Many people feel pretty dumb once it happens. Plus I have a sweet spot for older cars. I own a 59 Ford F100 and my Grandfather has a 1950 Suburban that always made me smile.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by moonsign
"You are calling 40 old guess Me an Moon must be fossils. Good thing HHR's are easy to get in and out of, just pull the Hoveround up next to it and step in. " Quote from SS Fan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old yes. Fossil not really. I'll be 70[yes seven zero] next month[ And yeah, I still have to slam the toliet seat down on it every morning to get it to go down]. The Hoveround thing hopefully is a few years away, and nothing to look forward to. The SS check comes in handy also.
It seems to surprise people when they see a older guy, pull up, and step out of my modded SS. Actually I look a lot youger than my age[unless people are lying to me LOL.
As to H.P., Yeah I wish the auto could handle more H.P., or I might go the Big Turbo route later. "Moon"
Hold on...... Moon youre 70?! Wow, somehow I didn't see the owner of the SS in your signature as 70. Im not trying to be funny, I mean thats awesome! I hope Im still that young at heart when Im 70!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Secret to living to 70 and past: Live every day like your dying tomorrow. "Moon"
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 PM

Good philosophy Moon!
I'm too close to 50, and dad will be 70 a couple days after in 2 months. His current toy is a '85 GN that he's R&R'd with all kinds of goodies, and lives the same way.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:12 AM

i believe you, me & Bart are the youngest on the forum. maybe there's a few others that are in their mid 20s.
Bought my 2008 in July '08 when I was 25. I'm absolutely determined to keep this one for a while - I've never had a month without a car payment since my first one when I was 16 - so once it's paid off I'll get to fixing up the little things that nag at me like the paint chips, and maybe play around with some more mods like Pedders and new wheels and such.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:08 AM

i believe you, me & Bart are the youngest on the forum. maybe there's a few others that are in their mid 20s.

anywho, 400whp has become a bragging mark in the Cobalt world so i guess it's where all the cool people are.

i'm yet to see a 12 second time slip for a HHR SS.
This. He could have made 1,000hp on the dyno, none of it means anything until he has a time slip.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:37 AM

1970judge: I could'nt agree with you more. Dyno numbers are only good as a reference, of your tuning, of the parts installed. To take it to the track, and be able to put all the power down, consistancly with a time slip, or race rusults, is the only thing that counts.
When I ran the Goodguys autocross awhile back, I ran much quicker than a lot of very high H.P. cars[such as a 427 Cobra, couple of corvetts, some modded comaro's and Stangs. It's all about putting it to the ground and going fastest than most. A lone 4cyl. against V8's. Can't race on a dyno. "Moon"
Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 AM

Name:  HHRRetuneAug2011.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  56.7 KB
http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...3742/HHR%20SS/