Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Interesting message today from GM (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/interesting-message-today-gm-18315/)

ChevyMgr 09-17-2008 01:31 PM

Interesting message today from GM

This message was released today by GM.

Subject: SPO - Bulletin ACC08-030 - LNF Turbo Upgrade Kits for Solstice, Sky and HHR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, HUMMER, Pontiac (including MD) and Saturn

DESCRIPTION:

The new warranty labor operation code R9224 is to be used for warranty claims on all Turbo Upgrade Kit components for Solstice, Sky and HHR. This warranty code also includes HHR utilizing the Turbo Kit with an automatic transmission. This does not include SAAB products.

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Immediately

There was an email address attached and so I sent a message asking what this was. The reply stated this is an upgrade kit to take these vehicles to 290 hp and more information would be coming shortly. Nice.

HillsdaleHHR 09-17-2008 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr (Post 312676)
This warranty code also includes HHR utilizing the Turbo Kit with an automatic transmission. .

I like this part :thumb:

Let us know what you find out :bow:

XXL 09-17-2008 02:02 PM

Subject: SPO - Bulletin ACC08-030 - LNF Turbo Upgrade Kits for Solstice, Sky and HHR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DESCRIPTION:

The new warranty labor operation code R9224 is to be used for warranty claims on all Turbo Upgrade Kit components for Solstice, Sky and HHR. This warranty code also includes HHR utilizing the Turbo Kit with an automatic transmission. This does not include SAAB products.

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Immediately

There was an email address attached and so I sent a message asking what this was. The reply stated this is an upgrade kit to take these vehicles to 290 hp and more information would be coming shortly. Nice.

Good news for those who've been holding back due to warranty. Will be nice to see if it's anything other than a PCM flash.

Ratracer 09-17-2008 02:08 PM

Interesting

But why is the word "warranty " included in this? Is it a code for tracking purposes for repairs of those that installed the upgrade?
Curious and VERY interested if it doesn't effect the warranty.

AaronSS 09-17-2008 02:18 PM

Schweet!

XXL 09-17-2008 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ratracer (Post 312684)
But why is the word "warranty " included in this? Is it a code for tracking purposes for repairs of those that installed the upgrade?
Curious and VERY interested if it doesn't effect the warranty.

Owner buys "factory authorized" kit and has it installed by "authorized personnel."

As part of ticket, warranty code is added.

Owner has problem, warranty code is present, and so warranty exists.

Alternately...

Owner buys "factory authorized" kit and has it installed by "unauthorized."

Warranty code doesn't get added to file.

Owner has problem, warranty code is missing, and so owner is SOL.

ChevyMgr 09-17-2008 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by XXL (Post 312691)
Owner buys "factory authorized" kit and has it installed by "authorized personnel."

As part of ticket, warranty code is added.

Owner has problem, warranty code is present, and so warranty exists.

Alternately...

Owner buys "factory authorized" kit and has it installed by "unauthorized."

Warranty code doesn't get added to file.

Owner has problem, warranty code is missing, and so owner is SOL.

No No No....this is the operation code we will use to submit warranty claims if one of the parts fails in this kit. Which we know won't happen.:roll:

AaronSS 09-17-2008 03:29 PM

DESCRIPTION:

EFFECTIVE DATE:

Immediately

I'm still fascinated by the way the subject is worded, and whether or not the ambiguous adjective "turbo" refers to "LNF" or "upgrade." In other words, is this a "turbo upgrade" or some random bolt on upgrade for the "LNF turbo" motor? The latter is more likely, but one can dream...

**EDIT**

Also, 30hp... Stage 1 maybe?

caponecar 09-17-2008 03:33 PM

Warranty issues ...nah!

magnuson-moss act
check it out
Stop worrying about your warranty, have fun with your car...
do the after market stuff!
make it hot!
and then when Chevy dealerships come at you tell em
"read it and wee..no better yet read it and fix that sh*t!"
glad i could help!

*have you ever seen a chevy with the butterfly doors? i have...i own one:)

AaronSS 09-17-2008 03:34 PM

Do you have the cash to take GM to court on that? I sure don't...

Not that I care anyway, but I'm sure that's how those who do feel.