Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Just got my SS back from installing Turbo Upgrade (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/just-got-my-ss-back-installing-turbo-upgrade-22838/)

jerSSey HHR 04-06-2009 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by patrick49 (Post 373376)
I paid $266 with tax and labor for the stage kit install.

I thought the upgrade was in the $600 range? :eek:

gcsd3742 04-06-2009 03:46 PM

It is for the parts + labor of install.... Have you not been reading the posts? You have to buy BOTH....

patrick49 04-06-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR (Post 373853)
I thought the upgrade was in the $600 range? :eek:

That was just for the install. The recommended time is 2.0 hours now, I believe. I bought the parts from CED.com for $562 including tax and shipping. Total just shy of $800...maybe a little more than I would have liked to have spent, but I'm enjoying it so far. It was nice to have that extra bit of passing power on my trip to/from Dallas this weekend.

bobiroc 04-06-2009 04:22 PM

My HHR is Staged

I know there are other forums on this topic but with the awesomeness of this kit can there be too many? ;)

I just got back from Rockenbach Chevy and they installed the stage kit I ordered. Let me just say what a difference in the Auto. Acceleration is effortless. We had a bit of snow last night so when it dries up I am going to give it a try with the Traction Control off and in launch mode.

Thank You to all the people that provided information on here and to those that suggested Rockenbach. They were fast and curtious and it was well worth the 1½ drive. It is a shame that my dealer and many others seem to be uninformed about this. 4 other dealers in my area basically refused to order the part because it was on back order and when I mentioned it to them they gave me a blank look or silence on the phone like they had no idea what I was talking about. I mean they work in parts and service, shouldn't they know, especially when I gave them the part number(s) and all the info. Oh well, it all worked out in the end anyway.

ChevyMgr 04-06-2009 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc (Post 373863)
I know there are other forums on this topic but with the awesomeness of this kit can there be too many? ;)

Merged threads. Too many threads on the same subject? Possibly.

Cpt.Carnage 04-06-2009 07:27 PM

My total w/parts and install was $950 canadian after sales tax.

Cant shake a $90 install ;-)

jerSSey HHR 04-07-2009 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr (Post 373867)
Merged threads. Too many threads on the same subject? Possibly.

I think that is why I was having problems keeping up with all the prices mentioned here. Some were for everything, some for the install, some for the parts. Patrick49's post clarified everything nicely.

skimike 04-08-2009 08:06 PM

OMG stage kit

our SS has so much more power its unbeliveable , I never imagined in my wildest dreams that it would change this much. my ole lady smoked me on my harley sportster 1200, I mean spanked me and she doesnt know how to drive , that was 900 dollars well spent. I tried it in comp mode but couldnt get it to hook up in 1st and got more wheel spin in 2nd than I wanted.prolly would have to have drag radials if I wanted to hook up in launch mode. its going to take some pedal finesse to get hooked up. all I have left to say is three words , WOW WOW WOW.

KinseySS 04-08-2009 08:55 PM

My cars in the shop getting this installed right now :D

pitbull76 04-08-2009 09:32 PM

Sportsters are slow :D Anyway, glad you like the kit. It really is worth it. So the second dealer got it done for ya without issue I guess.