Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Need Help..Not sure what CAI to purchase (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/need-help-not-sure-what-cai-purchase-47483/)

Lowboy44 08-14-2013 08:20 AM

Need Help..Not sure what CAI to purchase

What are you running do you like it? My plan is to add CAI,IC piping,IC, down pipe and BOV...
I'm trying to piece it all together to see what will work best

I'm running HP tuner..1st mod and digging it:thumb:

Thanks in advance

IgottaWoody 08-14-2013 12:11 PM

Non of them add up to much more then a 1 HP increase and an empty wallet..the best to be had is somehow going to direct air outside the vehicle. The factory system is well engineered except,,the inlet is routed thru the fenderwell and the fenderwell does not have a direct source of air except thru the edges...and I think the tube up to the box is too small..some have routed thru the fog light hole, thru the opening above the radiator..a hood scoop (best). Anything let under hood and open is subject to hot air, its tight in there. Easiest way is to punch a hole in the front of the box and route to top of rad..lotsa air there....

SS fan 08-14-2013 08:50 PM

The K&N will get you a little better delivery. Mine helped a bit.

Lowboy44 08-15-2013 08:30 AM

Thanks for the help gents

moonsign 08-20-2013 11:28 PM

Functional hood scoop, works the best, if you don't mind opening the hood up. "Moon"

sujomatt 09-25-2013 09:33 AM

i have a zzp intake, the coupler to the turbo is what made me get it. No restrictions and weird inner diameter changes. Also, i took out the radiator plastic by the filter to get fresh air. All in all, its a nice setup and gives it the bling factor

ecopower ss 10-03-2013 07:32 PM

For me the two best options you have are ZZP intake or KN, and don't wait a big hp gain.Anything else are crap.

XtremeSS 10-11-2013 09:59 AM

^^^Agree. K&N and ZZP are the two best options. I would go with the zzp intake because you are able to remove the big ugly box from atop your engine. And its also capable of ingesting cooler air by just removing the air deflector on the passenger side of the radiator as sujomatt stated. The only downside is that it may take a few tries (or more) to get the MAF tables dialed in so your fuel trims are closer to zero.
How do your STFT and LTFT look now with the stock setup Lowboy?

2005HHRauto 10-11-2013 05:27 PM

The K&N system works very very well...:twothumbs:
Better low end response.
Better torque.
Better HP.
Better gas mileage.
Easy to install.
Doesn't need a 'tune' .
Better ETs & MPH @ the track.
No negatives to this system.
The big-ugly box on the HHR SS , is part of a most excellent fresh air system,
Unlike the Balts' screwed up air intake system.

TurboTechRacing 10-11-2013 07:35 PM

K&N is very popular. Sell many.