Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   Stage Kit Problems (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/stage-kit-problems-23756/)

Lars on Live 05-28-2009 01:55 PM

Stage Kit Problems

Just took my ss in to a different dealer than the one that did the stage kit for a CEL. They claimed that the Stage kit wasn't installed correctly and they could fix it for 400 dollars. My stage kit has been installed and working for 4 months. I'm really sick of GM at this point. It's a GM part installed by a GM dealer at what point is that not covered by my warranty. When I refused to have them fix it they charged a diagonstic fee of over a hundred dollars. I tried to go domestic but man they are making it hard. That Mazdaspeed 3 I passed on looks better everyday.

hyperv6 05-28-2009 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lars on Live (Post 386215)
Just took my ss in to a different dealer than the one that did the stage kit for a CEL. They claimed that the Stage kit wasn't installed correctly and they could fix it for 400 dollars. My stage kit has been installed and working for 4 months. I'm really sick of GM at this point. It's a GM part installed by a GM dealer at what point is that not covered by my warranty. When I refused to have them fix it they charged a diagonstic fee of over a hundred dollars. I tried to go domestic but man they are making it hard. That Mazdaspeed 3 I passed on looks better everyday.

What did they say was installed improper?

The warranty is 5 years 100,000 miles.

If it was install error I would think it still would be a warranty issue since a GM dealer installed it.

I has to have my intercooler moved out to give the map sensor clearance and not hit the AC compressor. The IC was replaced at the same dealer before. They not only covered it under warranty but also gave me a loaner.

I could be wrong but it sounds like this dealer did not want to do the warranty on this since another dealer installed it.

ChevyMgr 05-28-2009 03:15 PM

I moved this post to it's own thread since it really wasn't pertinent to the thread it was posted in.

If it's an install issue that would have to be handled by the installing dealer. Only a defective part is covered by GM not sloppy install. But how do you go 4 months and then an install issue arises?

How many miles since the install was done?

What are they going to fix for $400?

Lars on Live 05-28-2009 03:56 PM

Sorry I put it in the other thread because it was concerning warranty work on a stage kit. I had roughly 3000 miles on the kit. The service tech said the original installer had not used the proper hardware and the butt splices were shorting out. I did finally get the dealer to do the work for me which makes me feel much better than taking it back to the dealership that screwed it up the first time.

hyperv6 05-28-2009 05:07 PM

Good that they took care of it. A good dealer makes a differance.

I just could not figure out what would cost $400 to fix what I only paid just over $100 to install.