2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

2.2 engine's

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Ya! The funny thing is that the shop that is going to fix it was where I was going to buy my HHR from, but I found the black HHR else where for cheeper.
This dealer was going to charge my $1000.00 more for it. When they seen that I bought it else where for cheeper the sales manager told me to "F" off, but the shop seems to be very good. Time will tell. I just don't want to drive 3 hours to the dealer that I bought it from for warrenty work. Not that many hours in a day.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:34 AM

i also have the up and down RPM i took the hhr in for an oil change and the service advisor noticed the problem and told me that it might be a fuel control unit or something like that but they did not check it any further becuase i was in a hurry. I also noticed that the black thing is broken I think i broke it when i was doing the intake thing that cj krause did. i just put sealent but that didnt remove the RPM problem. I also have the whistle sound and a knocking but i can only hear it when im inside the car, but it doesnt make the knocking sound all the time, ill take it in probably next week because im waiting on a headlight replacement water keeps getting inside the right one.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 AM

Ouch!!!!!
I thought that I was having all ths problems with the engine, but now I don't feel so bad.
I hope that they can get it fixed for you. Keep me posted if they fix it. I am having them look at the RPM thing when they change the intake next week.
I'll post the findings if they find anything.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:22 PM

I hope that the dealer fixes everything that is due to your HHR and that they do it with courtesy. As far as txsman's comment that all customers are right..... I have owned and managed a few different business ventures and I have to say that not all customers are right. I think in this situation that the dealer should have done the right thing and fixed the intake. My dealer here in Batesville Indiana is awesome!!! I took my HHr in to get the TSB for the radio pop, and the service rep not only took care of it he also noted on my warranty claim that the speakers now sound "distorted" and he has a new set of speakers on the way. That is service!!!! :twothumbs
Old 05-14-2006, 01:51 AM

Hey Folks:
The high idle and whistling sound is an indication of a vacumn leak. The intake runners are close to the oil filter and when using an extension to remove the filter I can see a problem with hitting(damaging) the Intake. Scared me when I saw that. But, maybe they will fix it, they should. Plastic????? I guess we need to find a way to do this without hitting the Intake runners. I was going to get a wobble extension to keep the ratchet and extension away from the Intake. Next time I'll see how that works. I would say a good epoxy would seal the intake, but it may be cracked where you can't see it. Always something, HUH?
Good luck
Old 05-14-2006, 02:07 AM

the whistling sound has gone away since i put sealent on the crack. But regarding the rpm problem the service advisor told me it might be something with fuel becuase when the car does this it seems like if it was running out of fuel and then quickly get enough fuel to run the car runs nicely when im driving it. Im going to Tijuana in 2 weeks when i come back ill be due for an oil change and thats when i hope i get everything fixed