2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

What performance parts do you want???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:39 PM

What performance parts do you want???

Hey guys,

I know that i am a newbie, but i have some background with a company in Canada called Powertech Imports. I emailed Jamie, the owner if im not mistaking, and asked him if he would hook us up. Here is the email i sent, and the email i got back.

Sent to Jamie -
Jamie or who it may concern:

I was wondering if you had any interest in the Chevy HHR. I was a member of www.b15sentra.net, username jaydogg, and I have since moved from my sentra into a 06 HHR. I’m a member of www.chevyhhr.net now and we need some vendors and we need some people to help us develop some parts for the HHR. The HHR has 2 different types of engines, the 2.2 and the 2.4 ecotecs. I know that they exhaust are the same for both cars and magnaflow is in the process of releasing their catback. As for Cold Air Intakes AEM is prototyping one for the 2.4 but there is no word on the 2.2, there is speculation that the 2.4 will fit on the 2.2, but the intake isn’t out yet for us to test. We as a community would love to have support for both engine types. Any type of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Jason M. Cornelius

Email i got back -
Jason

The only thing that we have the problem with is getting a vehicle to proto off. You name it I can build it and with enough interest I can even rent the vehicle and do the work. Find out what parts are wanted and I can start on one thing at a time. Do you have more info on the Vehicle??

Jamie

So here is our chance to get some parts. Jamie is the man when it comes to turbos, exhaust, cai, etc. so lets see what we can come up with. Me personally i want a CAI and Cat-back. here is his website http://powertechperformance.com/. let me know what you want, and lets see what he can do.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:34 AM

The only performance part I would be interested in is getting an air intake kit that will custom fit the HHR to help boost the HP some.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
The only performance part I would be interested in is getting an air intake kit that will custom fit the HHR to help boost the HP some.
Thank you for the interest and thank you for not thread crapping like what happened in my other post located in the 2.4 forum. If we get more people Jamie will do it. If we can find somebody located near him im sure jamie would most likely hook them up with a free one for letting him use their car. If we can find more people wanting an intake, and he cant find somebody up there to loan their car out, he will rent one and work off of that.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:16 PM

Not a problem. If I lived close by, I'd be more than happy to lend my car if it meant free upgrades.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:47 PM

AEM is already developing an intake for the HHR. They used our 2.4L to do the development. I think more owners would prefer to buy an intake that has been designed and dyno'ed by a major manufacturer who is known for providing great performing parts for hundreds of different makes/models - rather than buying something "home brewed." It's not just about the numbers, but about driveability and power throughout the entire powerband.

We discovered several interesting facts about what the HHR engine likes to "see" during our dyno testing that contradict "normal" intake theology. The AEM kit should be available within the next month or two.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:10 PM

This will also be available for the 2.2 as well as the 2.4?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by txsman2930
This will also be available for the 2.2 as well as the 2.4?
From what he keeps telling us is there will be no performance mods made hor the 2.2. AEM is making this for the 2.4. It might fit on the 2.2. But i cant get a straight answer there either. SoCal what does it matter if Jamie where to make a CAI for the 2.2 anyway, he makes some damn good parts. did you check out the turbo kits that he researched and developed for the spec-v. That was all him, he knows what he is doing and im sure that dyno that is sitting in his shop would be used to find out which gives the best performance. Im sure everybody that has the 2.2 would like to have an intake, if they are performance minded, or if they want to get some more MPG. If the AEM fits on the 2.2 then im all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

But SoCal has a point. I would rather buy a part from a name I know and trust that has a reputation and credibility rather than a small no name company somewhere in Canada that I have never heard of and specializes in imports. Not to say they couldn't make the parts or do a good job at it, they just haven't built a name and reputation for themselves.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
But SoCal has a point. I would rather buy a part from a name I know and trust that has a reputation and credibility rather than a small no name company somewhere in Canada that I have never heard of and specializes in imports. Not to say they couldn't make the parts or do a good job at it, they just haven't built a name and reputation for themselves.
they have built a great name for themselves in the nissan community, i am a nissan nut, and i thought that i would bring somebody into the HHR game that has made a name for himself in the nissan community. if this is the way it is going to be the screw it. Im not going to try and help out. I know what it is like trying to get parts made for a car or engine size that others might overlook. Im done with trying, I paid 14,500 for my hhr and i have a kid on the way, so there was no way in hell i was going to pass up on this HHR, 1LT. I want performance, but i also would like to gain some MPG and that is why im looking to add a CAI and Exhaust to my HHR.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Banned

Why do you get so offended that people aren't quick to side with you jump on the Canadian import part manufacturer band wagon. I was just stating my opinion and validating one of SoCalHHRs points. I wasn't rude like yourself. If you are going to get so easily offended that people don't have the same opinion as you then maybe you shouldn't try and help out.

Quick Reply: What performance parts do you want???