2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Need help with a tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 07:16 PM

Smile Need help with a tune

Hello everyone! I've been reading through forums and I'm really hoping one of you can help me or point me in the right direction.
I've got an 06 HHR with a 2.4 Lt. ive got a custom intake and I've swapped my exhaust header to a hi performance mid length with a 3" down pipe, deleted the cat and res so it runs 3in of the head to just before the rear wheels where I just connected it back the the stock 2.25 muffler. I'm trying my best to find somewhere to do a tune for it. I live in Juneau Alaska and we only have one shop in town that tunes and they dont want to do it. I've tried contacting HP Tuners, BNR, and a few members off different forums about getting a tune and none of them replied to my emails.
I want to tune her right but it's looking like the jet chip (10620s) is my best bet short of getting a vcm program and learning to tune from step one. Any and I mean any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Technical Moderator

Welcome!

What are trying to accomplish? Are you racing?

I can sell you a 1.5K resistor for $300 for you to solder into the MAF signal wire.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:47 PM

I'm looking for more power/performance and to ballence out the new airflow now that it has a larger free flow intake and larger exhust manifold/ greater flow. I use 92octane regularly as well. It's my daily driver and do a little street racing with it.
Fromwhat I've read, I'm looking for someone who can do a tune for it or recommendations as too things
like the jet chip to use. I know people talk lots of trash about chips and things but if they didn't work, people wouldn't be buying them and liking them. As for soldering my maf, for the price and risk, I'd rather get a chip.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Technical Moderator

That was my point! That is what they are selling in a pretty case.

It just lies to the computer about the air flow so the computer messes with the A/F.

There is only one way to increase the air volume.

There are a few members with tuned 2.4L cars here. The member that did tunes has sadly passed away.

They sell a lot of those silly $30 "super chargers" too. The spinners that attach to the air horn.

People are still buying Nordic Track machines by the boatload, I find it amusing that I see at least one every time I go to the dump.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:04 PM

I heard he passed, sad day for a lard get community.
Im hoping for someone willing with some experience or an existing similar 06 2.4 tune I could pay for a tune/ working copy.
Granted I'm still looking into a relitively cheep vcm programin tool to modify basic things. Still considering getting the HP Tuners VCM set and learning the basics and go from there. Thankfully there is a good amount of information on tuning the le5.
i get it that it's just in a pretty case but the in the sense of modification, plug and play ease and warranty aposed to risk of soldering a wireing modification for price. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the ease/risk to cost of soldering my MAF. I'm not to good with wiring so I haven't looked into it much, is there a walk through posed somewhere I can look over"
Old 11-21-2017, 02:07 PM

I am not a tuner. But you might wanna consider remote tunning. Do some google search. There're a companies going it.