Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.4L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/)
-   -   Flowmaster catback coming? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/flowmaster-catback-coming-10473/)

Hib Halverson 09-07-2007 10:47 AM

Flowmaster catback coming?

Forum members-
As my work, at times, involves the performance aftermarket, I have a few old friends in that industry and one is Ray Flugger the top guy at and original founder of Flowmaster.

I was talking to the head of Flowmaster's marketing department and was told an HHR exhaust system is high on the priority list for product development. I was, also, told that the company has been getting a lot of requests for such a product. My experience with Flowmaster in the past has been when they see a large amount of requests for a system, they eventually produce it.

Personally, I've got Flowmaster exhausts on most of my cars because I have always liked that sort of deep-tone sound they make. Admittedly, I've liked that the best on V8s, but I've also had some experience with Flowmaster mufflers on 4-cyl engines (primarily a Datsun 510 I once owned) and they sound good there, too.

I've been looking for an exhaust for my HHR but I think I'm going to wait a month or so and see if the Flowmaster exhaust materializes.

mitzkity 09-07-2007 10:49 AM

But isn't there one for sale on Truckshop.com? Oops, sorry, that's Magna Flow.

Money in the Bank 09-07-2007 10:54 AM

i had flowmasters on my old mustang. Sounded SICK!

Hib Halverson 09-07-2007 11:24 AM

"old Mustang"?
Well....the exhaust wasn't the problem. That's Ford. They sound sick no matter what exhaust you put on them.
:)

stick 09-07-2007 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson (Post 194143)
"old Mustang"?
Well....the exhaust wasn't the problem. That's Ford. They sound sick no matter what exhaust you put on them.
:)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

betterof2evils4 09-07-2007 12:45 PM

:laughabov

A wise man once told me that racing a Ford is sort of like being in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded :nuts: :lol: J/K

HHR_ROX_CALI 09-07-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Money in the Bank (Post 194139)
i had flowmasters on my old mustang. Sounded SICK!

I guess I'll be the one to tell Hib that when Money in the Bank said they sounded "SICK", I'm pretty sure he meant AMAZING. Modern slang, Hib.

Money in the Bank 09-07-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_ROX_CALI (Post 194161)
I guess I'll be the one to tell Hib that when Money in the Bank said they sounded "SICK", I'm pretty sure he meant AMAZING. Modern slang, Hib.

BINGO! We have a winner!

G Gray 09-10-2007 12:51 PM

Language does change over time. A few weeks ago, I was getting my front windows tinted. While I was there a group of 20-somethings came in the shop. They loved my car, said it was a "Sick ride". I immediately had a flashback to the 70's, and the fuel pump crapping out on my MG..................

Gary

betterof2evils4 09-10-2007 01:32 PM

Yea.. if somebody says you have a sick ride, it's a good thing! :lol: