Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.4L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/)
-   -   Oh MY FREAKIN Goodness!!!! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/oh-my-freakin-goodness-3154/)

grnds4leaving 07-13-2006 03:40 PM

Oh MY FREAKIN Goodness!!!!

I just got my CGS intake installed last night and WOW!!!!!!!!!! The sound and the pull that the car has now is awesome. I cannot keep my foot out of the pedal. I wanna go try and pick a race with someone...LOL....... Combined with IMCO t-924 turbo muffler the sound is incredible. I have not listened to the radio since I put it on last night. I just wanna her the engine. MY favorite mod by far!! If you do not have the intake yet.....GO and get it.

:lol:

SindyDix 07-13-2006 05:36 PM

seeeee..........

crowbar 07-13-2006 08:45 PM

post sound clips :)

courthousedeb 07-13-2006 08:46 PM

Another satisfied customer. Guess I need to start saving some money and do this mod as well. Thanks for the glowing review. :thumb:

JESSE 07-13-2006 08:50 PM

Between the Bra and the CGS intake I am confussed which to do first. Did order my IMCO-T924 Turbo Muffler arrived today, will try to get it installed before my trip Saturday.

BIG JIM WOODMAN 07-14-2006 07:09 AM

Ditto

Originally Posted by grnds4leaving
I just got my CGS intake installed last night and WOW!!!!!!!!!! The sound and the pull that the car has now is awesome. I cannot keep my foot out of the pedal. I wanna go try and pick a race with someone...LOL....... Combined with IMCO t-924 turbo muffler the sound is incredible. I have not listened to the radio since I put it on last night. I just wanna her the engine. MY favorite mod by far!! If you do not have the intake yet.....GO and get it.

I TOO INSTALLED MY NEW CGS INTAKE. I'M SAD :( TO REPORT THAT MY MILAGE HAS GONE WAY DOWN,,,,,,:nuts: I CAN'T KEEP MY FOOT OUT OF IT!
IT SOUNDS GREAT AND WORK WELL. BEST MOD SO FAR!:thumb:

fenris222 07-14-2006 07:14 AM

That's it, I am ordering mine now. I guess the stereo upgrade can wait for the moment. You guys are making me jealous! lol Sigh, keeping up with the Jones is getting harder every day!:p: :D

BIG JIM WOODMAN 07-14-2006 07:19 AM

Cgs Intake

Originally Posted by fenris222
That's it, I am ordering mine now. I guess the stereo upgrade can wait for the moment. You guys are making me jealous! lol Sigh, keeping up with the Jones is getting harder every day!:p: :D

YOU WON'T BE SORRY.:thumb:

GDZHHR 07-14-2006 10:05 AM

Installed mine yesterday and WOW!

BIG difference in performance, and yes when I can manage a light foot, better mpg!

:thumb:

cj krause 07-14-2006 10:38 AM

Now learn I gear and CGS and you will discover what your foot and the HHR was intended to do in the first place. unless you have a standard,,,, lol

get lower gas mileage but make many many good memories of loud roar from your intake, howl from your engine, nice squealing coming from tires when taking off and a nice chirp sometimes from 2nd gear.

These are memories that we store daily.

grnds4leaving 07-15-2006 06:16 AM

I have a few sound clips if someone can tell me how to post them.

THX

john 11 07-15-2006 10:45 PM

Grnds

Do you have any concerns about warrany issues by adding the CGS Intake. I would really like to do it but I am a bit hesitant. Maybe when I get a few more miles on my HHR to make sure all of the gremlins are out of it. I haven't had a single problem yet and 4200 miles. I put the Progress Anti-Sway Bar on this evening and it made a big difference. Thanks :nuts:

TX-HHR 07-15-2006 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by john 11
Grnds

Do you have any concerns about warrany issues by adding the CGS Intake. I would really like to do it but I am a bit hesitant. Maybe when I get a few more miles on my HHR to make sure all of the gremlins are out of it. I haven't had a single problem yet and 4200 miles. I put the Progress Anti-Sway Bar on this evening and it made a big difference. Thanks :nuts:

My HHR has been in twice for warranty service now with the CGS and the 924 installed. My service advisor told me as long as I didn't mess with the computer they wouldn't care. :cool:

Inspector 07-15-2006 11:08 PM

This is stupid, but what is the CGS and where do you get one???????

courthousedeb 07-15-2006 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gmac

:welcome: to chevyhhr.net...nice to see another new member.

CGS is an intake system and you can get them several places. Check out the 2.2 and 2.4 forums and you'll see quite a few threads there. :thumb:

TX-HHR 07-15-2006 11:12 PM

It's an air intake that replaces the factory air box. Easy to install. Got mine from Socal. :thumb:

ng8650 07-15-2006 11:43 PM

This LINK may help you out a little somethin somethin...

Ng

cj krause 07-16-2006 12:18 AM

mine is a little different. it has a 3A racing filter
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...e/100_0904.jpg

DEC2955 07-16-2006 04:37 AM

? When it comes to changing/cleaning the filter do you have to remove the whole intake housing...
...since during the install demo pictures the filter was set into place before the intake tube was bolted down??

cj krause 07-16-2006 07:06 AM

it would be easier to remove it if you took the whole thing off. to remove the whole thing is loosen clamp on rubber boot and take off bolt on top.

you could loosen the filter clamp and then just lide it down and then up

TX-HHR 07-16-2006 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by cj krause
it would be easier to remove it if you took the whole thing off. to remove the whole thing is loosen clamp on rubber boot and take off bolt on top.

you could loosen the filter clamp and then just lide it down and then up

...which is 10 times easier than getting to the factory filter. :lol:

cj krause 07-16-2006 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
...which is 10 times easier than getting to the factory filter. :lol:

hell yes and hell yes again
to get to the old one you have to loosen the same rubber hose, lift from the back and pull the whole box off, pull the hose with it from the side

then remove 7 screws to get the cover off and change the filter... what a hassle and one big ugly black box.

no fun at all

one of the biggest reliefs i ever had was seeing that big black ugly box leave and seeing that nice clean engine compartment and how much room was there

crowbar 07-17-2006 08:23 AM

I have a few sound clips if someone can tell me how to post them.

THX

www.video.google.com

SoCalHHR 07-17-2006 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by DEC2955
? When it comes to changing/cleaning the filter do you have to remove the whole intake housing...
...since during the install demo pictures the filter was set into place before the intake tube was bolted down??

Yes, but it only takes 1 minute to remove the entire CGS intake from your engine. In contrast, it will take you 15-20 minutes to clean and re-oil the filter. The best bet is to buy a spare filter and keep it at the ready, this way you can be back on the road in 2-minutes.

We will be offering a special "upgrade" filter on our site soon...:thumb:

TX-HHR 07-18-2006 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
We will be offering a special "upgrade" filter on our site soon...:thumb:

Upgrade? Don't keep us in the dark too long. What's next? :confused:

SoCalHHR 07-18-2006 12:55 PM

Coming soon... (UPDATE: it can be found HERE)

ssmail8835 07-18-2006 02:05 PM

HMMMMM

I guess I know what I want for Christmas if I can wait that long :thumb: :D :nuts: :banana: :twothumbs

ng8650 07-18-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Coming soon...

Do I Know what it is? :D

Ng

SoCalHHR 07-18-2006 05:11 PM

Nope, something different! :lol:

Next time you stop by....

Crazygenius13 08-21-2006 09:32 PM

I really want to hear those sound clips!!!!

p.s - First post, looks like a good forum. I'm a regular on www.s10forum.com. Same name there.