2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Supercharged HHR

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member

Very Clean install. Looks better than factory..

Ever hit the dyno with it ?

Last edited by sleeper; 05-06-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
HA. Same thing happened to me. I still had 6 months of warranty, but I couldn't resist.

OHH damn it, I feel a Blower coming on Soon.

And I still have some of my 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper left And the 5 year 100,000 mile. I currently have 22,500 miles on mine. (But it's Paid for outright and I got the Title in the mail last week.)

Like they say, "Injection is Nice, But, I'd Rather be Blown!"

Old 05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Premium Member

hey A&P I thought you said you like slow and affordable If you super charge the panel won't it be too much like those over priced SS's ??
Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
hey A&P I thought you said you like slow and affordable If you super charge the panel won't it be too much like those over priced SS's ??
Never once have I said I like slow and affordable, Don't put words in my mouth I never said.
Low & Slow, Maybe I said, referring to Lowering an HHR and how then to drive over speed bumps and potholes.

I bought and paid my Panel off fully in 8 months, I could have Easily afforded an "SS" if I really wanted one.

I will Agree the HHR "SS" was/is overpriced, That you can say I said.

I can install the supercharger for a heck on Alot Less than buying a 4 banger with a "SS" emblem on the sides. And I won't Loose as much on resale, as I can swap my 2LT back to OEM Stock and sell it, IF, I ever do sell it. Then sell off the mods I have bought and installed to get most of that back as well. I'm Money ahead all around.

As soon as I get a call back, I am off to look at a Eaton M62 supercharger thats for sale about 10 minutes from me. The guy emailed me back this morning with his phone number but I got his darn voice mail.

He may be at work, so it may be later today before I can go look it over, I already stopped off at the bank this morning and grabbed the cash for it.

From a '07 Cobalt SS with 40,000 miles. IF, I end up buying it I will skip the kit and just put my own together as I come across the needed parts. No hurry here.

Name:  f51a7ba0.jpg
Views: 3237
Size:  6.1 KB
Old 05-06-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
I bet, but... If you put a SC on the 2.4l at 8psi you can make ~225hp at the wheels
True, but you can blow that away with just a pulley and some cooling mods on the LSJ. Its just a better platform for power. Most 2.4Ls aren't mated to a LSD trans...
Old 05-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Premium Member

A&P don't be so touchy I'm too lazy to go find what you really said. I do remember It made me feel, you thought I was a fool to buy an SS,and that may be true. However I have been enjoying following the progression of modifications you have been doing, and I'm happy for you in this sucky economy you paid yours off so quick. I have a similar plan to own it in 12months I just hate to pay any interest. Any way I was just giving you a little poke, I still love you.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Rest In Peace

A&P don't be so touchy I'm too lazy to go find what you really said. I do remember It made me feel, you thought I was a fool to buy an SS,and that may be true. However I have been enjoying following the progression of modifications you have been doing, and I'm happy for you in this sucky economy you paid yours off so quick. I have a similar plan to own it in 12months I just hate to pay any interest. Any way I was just giving you a little poke, I still love you.
LMAO! you Love me huh? I am Blushing here.

Honestly, I really have Nothing against the SS HHR, I do like a V-8 SS over anything.

When I started looking at the HHR's, at first my plan was to buy a brand spankin New HHR SS. But they had already been discontinued.

I did research, like we all should do before buying a car, and saw the lack of resale value on just about any model HHR. That is when I decided to buy a Used Panel.

I did Stick with, It Must be BLACK, and it Must be a PANEL HHR.
I did Not want to buy a Used SS, If I was gonna get one, I was gonna be it's Only owner or nothin.

I searched for a Black Panel with all the Options I wanted on it, and luckily, I found it a little over an hours drive away, I was prepared to get a oneway plane ticket to buy the one I wanted if needed.

Buying a used Panel saved me well over 1/2 the cost of a new one. Mine had 19,077 miles on it and was bought New in '09 by the Original buyer. He took the HIT and I reaped the benefits. I traded in my Astro van with about 100,000 miles on it and started to walk out the door of the dealer on their first offer for it.
Letting them know I was there to Buy, not dick around, they Doubled their first offer and I pulled out the check I had recieved that morning by getting my financing First before ever walking into the dealer.

I planned on having my loan paid off in 1 year, I ended up doing it in 8 months, and now enjoy owning it free & clear.

Since I am no longer working, my panel is my Toy, and I am enjoying it just as much as anyone else enjoys there HHR no matter the Model.

I talked very early on here about wanting to drop a supercharger in mine, and each time someone here does it like lunchbox and now hhrfreek have both recently done, I DROOL wanting to do mine. My plan all along was to Wait, until my warranty was up, But I am Doubting thats gonna happen.

I told the Wife, "No, I won't be modding it until it's Paid for." That lasted what, about a week after I got it?

And I did not mean to make you feel like a fool for buying an SS or anyone else, but sometimes you guys think the SS is Superior to the LS or LT models.

A Complete SS rear end with the Disk brakes can be had for about 600.00-750.00 used, and will bolt right in a LS or LT, add a supercharger and you got a real "sleeper" on your hands.
I think that would put a more Shocked face on someone watching your taillights fade off in the distance.

As far as the economy, Yes it has SUCKED.

For me and the situation I am in at the moment, it's Now or Never in getting Everything I want for my Panel, once the Lawyer starts taking his 20%, my budget gets Tight again.

That guy still hasn't called me back yet on the supercharger he has.

Last edited by American & Proud; 05-06-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Premium Member

Don't want to seem too interested in said supercharger you know you are going to want to pay a little less than he wants for it Good luck
Old 05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Don't want to seem too interested in said supercharger you know you are going to want to pay a little less than he wants for it Good luck

Just take a look back at things I have bought, and for how much, you'll then Know I like a Good Deal.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:32 PM

looks awesome. make video so we can hear it roar

Quick Reply: Supercharged HHR