Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.4L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/)
-   -   Weapon intake (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/weapon-intake-26474/)

catdaddy137 10-31-2009 04:30 PM

Weapon intake

words cannot begin at how Dissapionted i was/am with the installation/fitment of this intake....it was a total PITA , and also totally does not fit....i did after about an hour get it installed.....but only by brute force....the only reason i attempted to make it fit was because i did not want to deal with returning it......it really was so very dissapointing to me.....i have spent many hours over many months researching intakes....i really do not understand because i have never read where anyone had a problem with fitment.........on the other hand , i truly believe on the performance end it was exactly what i needed to go with the Jet Performance brand stage2 module i've been using along with the Dynomax straight thru muffler.....i don't think a header and/or downpipe will add much , but i may get to that someday.....with the terrable fitment of this Weapon intake , i'm kindof scared of aftermarket stuff......now i hope to see some mpg gain.....if i can keep my foot out of it;).....i seem to be getting 24mpg now , even dogging it all the time......but i've only had on an hour so that is really hard to say...i'll try to post more results and some pics of the really crappy fitment....i think i may go rice hunting now:thumb:

sleeper 10-31-2009 11:44 PM

catdaddy-

That bites, have you contacted the supplier ?

GDZHHR 10-31-2009 11:57 PM

I hate to say it but most of what I've heard about their HHR intakes has been bad.

DBHHRLT 11-01-2009 01:26 AM

where did you buy your intake? i saw weapon r intake on ebay.

catdaddy137 11-01-2009 01:47 AM

ebay

i got it from ebay....maybe i should have checked to make absolutley sure that they sent the right 1.....the seller seemed helpful in that he sent me a message even after i purchased it to let me know that it does not have the dual tubes , as most Weapon R s have.....but it does in fact a partial dual tube design......it has dual tubes on the filter side , but they end somewhere before they would make it to the other end.....it is very close to fitting , but sometimes very close just doesn't get it.....it looks to me like it is about 3/4 inches to long , so that where it attaches to the oem "rubber" elbow that attaches to "throttle" has to be bent way out in order for it to fit....i plan to send the seller a message tommorow.....but i may still just take a chance on keeping it , if it is truly the correct intake. :confused:

Marcruger 11-01-2009 05:49 AM

Joe, I know that you are thrifty, but I would haunt eBay like Andy did and see if you can find a used GMPP intake setup. It is really well engineered, and breathes cool air from the fender well. Hib's dyno work shows that the wooly tube is not a restriction, and underhood air breathing on other intake setups actually drops horsepower. I can install a GMPP intake for you if you get it.....just a matter of a couple of minutes. God Bless, Marc

sleeper 11-01-2009 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137 (Post 422476)
i got it from ebay....maybe i should have checked to make absolutley sure that they sent the right 1.....the seller seemed helpful in that he sent me a message even after i purchased it to let me know that it does not have the dual tubes , as most Weapon R s have.....but it does in fact a partial dual tube design......it has dual tubes on the filter side , but they end somewhere before they would make it to the other end.....it is very close to fitting , but sometimes very close just doesn't get it.....it looks to me like it is about 3/4 inches to long , so that where it attaches to the oem "rubber" elbow that attaches to "throttle" has to be bent way out in order for it to fit....i plan to send the seller a message tommorow.....but i may still just take a chance on keeping it , if it is truly the correct intake. :confused:

Hopefully you have not yet left feedback for this eBay item.. I always wait till I'm satisfied with my purchases. That way I still have a bit of bargaining power.

When I sell on eBay, I wait till buyer is satisfied & leaves my + feedback, then I leave theirs.
Just FWIW

catdaddy137 11-01-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSguy (Post 422533)
Hopefully you have not yet left feedback for this eBay item.. I always wait till I'm satisfied with my purchases. That way I still have a bit of bargaining power.

When I sell on eBay, I wait till buyer is satisfied & leaves my + feedback, then I leave theirs.
Just FWIW

i still havn't contacted the ebayer yet....i really don't feel it is their fault...i think it's the correct intake....but i truly do not understand how i've never seen anyone else mention this problem....it is the Weapon Secret and not the R.......the R seems to have a bit smaller filter , that might fix the fitment problem....there is also available , but sold seperatly , a cold air kit for the R that is a piece that completely encloses the filter and a tube that will make it a real cold air system......the Secret is the 1 i got that i also got a cold air tube kit , free w/my purchase , but it really does not make it a complete cold air setup , because the tube only feeds 1 part of the filter while leaving the rest to suck hot air.......this is probably sounding confusing........ok , but if i had got the other , the R , and the seperate cold air kit , i'm pretty sure it would be an even greater fitment problem , but maybe not:roll:

XXL 11-01-2009 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SSguy (Post 422533)
Just FWIW

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for a transaction.

Marcruger 11-01-2009 06:36 PM

I hate that change as now I have folks bid on an item and never pay for it. :-( It costs me for the ad and my time as well. Grrrrrr......
Marc