Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Aftermarket Fog-Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 12:13 AM

Aftermarket Fog-Lights...

Hi All!

Been thinking about installing some fog-lights on my HHR. Any suggestions to as what are the better aftermarket fog-light kits for the HHR that still retain the same look as the stock ones.

Thanks in advance,
-David
Old 12-27-2005, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by D.Levesque
Hi All!

Been thinking about installing some fog-lights on my HHR. Any suggestions to as what are the better aftermarket fog-light kits for the HHR that still retain the same look as the stock ones.

Thanks in advance,
-David
I've always been a fan of PIAA. You'd have to figure out the dimensions of the stock ones and see what they make that is similar. I'm sure they have something.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:53 AM

They are around 5" diameter, but if your looking for the stock look you can get the factory fog lamps from your GM dealer. I just installed mine. GM is already on their second design. They aren't cheap but are easy to install. You can also get the factory fog switch. You should be able to deal on the price with your dealer.

15813308 Lamp (left?) List $78.75
15813307 Lamp (right?) List $78.75
21992589 F-Switch List $29.33

The wiring for the switch is already there but it is a monemtarty and it appears the body computer needs to be programmed to enable the fog lamp relay. Any experts out there on this??
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 AM

"They aren't cheap but are easy to install..."

Really CJ? I had heard from Erich at Darkside that unless you get the factory setup, there are no brackets on the frame to attach your lights to. Have you already mounted yours? Was it difficult? What did you mount to? Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by cjuetten
They are around 5" diameter, but if your looking for the stock look you can get the factory fog lamps from your GM dealer. I just installed mine. GM is already on their second design. They aren't cheap but are easy to install. You can also get the factory fog switch. You should be able to deal on the price with your dealer.

15813308 Lamp (left?) List $78.75
15813307 Lamp (right?) List $78.75
21992589 F-Switch List $29.33

The wiring for the switch is already there but it is a monemtarty and it appears the body computer needs to be programmed to enable the fog lamp relay. Any experts out there on this??
If you add the factory foglamps all the wiring and such should be there, if the HHR is like other Chevy vehicles. You will have to have the BCM reprogrammed with the RPO for the foglamps for them to work.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:15 PM

I guess i'm the lucky one for getting the factory ones with mine
Old 12-27-2005, 03:57 PM
Banned

You didn't have a choice just like me. They come standard on a 2LT.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
"They aren't cheap but are easy to install..."

Really CJ? I had heard from Erich at Darkside that unless you get the factory setup, there are no brackets on the frame to attach your lights to. Have you already mounted yours? Was it difficult? What did you mount to? Thanks.
Mine are installed, they literally snap into the bumper cover. Hardest part is taking the wheel off to open the inner fender. Erich and Darkside are right in that there is nothing but the plastic bumper cover to mount them too. So you have fab up brackets to mount after market fogs to the frame.

I seen one where the owner hole sawed the (Vent Plug?) and glued standard 4" fogs to the plug. Looks a lot better than it sounds, but still doesn't look factory and there's no adjustment.

Sound likes I need to take it in to have it reprogram.

ANYONE HAVE ACCESS TO A HHR WIRING DIAGRAM THAT COULD POST THE WIRE COLORS??

Old 12-27-2005, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cjuetten
ANYONE HAVE ACCESS TO A HHR WIRING DIAGRAM THAT COULD POST THE WIRE COLORS??
What part of the schematic do you need, gimme a little more info and I'll pull one tomorrow, just for the fog lamps and lamp controls??
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Banned

I would like one for the stereo wiring please! I was going to put my speakers in on Friday and that would take a lot of guess work and testing out of the way. Any info on the color scheme of the wires would be helpfull. Please, I'm begging you!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fog-Lights...