Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Ruined my stock rim

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:24 AM

Angry Ruined my stock rim

So there is this road hazard and I hits it
The result is below. The rim still holds air, but looks, er crappy

At time of purchase, we took out a "Road Hazard" policy with the Chevy dealer which also takes care of dings etc in the body and tires.

The dealer looked at the rim damage and is covering it. They also took out ( with their PDR guy ) a ding that was bothering me near the gas cap.

$78.00 for the ding and over $600.00 for the rim installed etc, all covered by the suplimental policy. The policy costs around $550.00 and covers for the life of the loan. Here we are a month after getting the car , using the policy, and it works

Another dent lives on a fender, but it was not covered. Someone sat/stood on the fender ( NOT a good idea ) and it has a distinct upward pit and bend like a screwdriver or rock had tried to erupt from underneath.

The fender ding is hard to see in photos, but just beams at you when you look at the car

I had just put the front grill script on then I screwed the rim up right after !

"No good mod goes unpunished!"

On the plus side, they installed the OEM mudflaps as was part of the deal when we purchased the vehicle and we got the first of the "Free oil changes for life".

Not a bad day at the Chevy dealer.

The day before we went to the Buick store and got a new gas cap gratis also. GM has been cool to us this week. I am my car's worst enemy!

New mudflaps are nice! Buick rims reflected in the background. Still happy with the Buick as I have NOT screwed up its rims

Last edited by Harpozep; 06-17-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:19 PM

I also took the road hazard option.I have the same rims and I know they are expensive.
That really is nasty looking. Good thing you had it covered. That would be a real out of pocket shocker for somebody.

Regards,
Old 06-17-2006, 12:43 PM

I might have to use that policy if my court thing does not turn out well next month.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I might have to use that policy if my court thing does not turn out well next month.

"Court thing?"
Anything you can talk about?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Harpozep
"Court thing?"
Anything you can talk about?
Info is on the War Stories Board. Post is here.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Info is on the War Stories Board. Post is here.

Thanks. Went there, responded.

The thing to remember here, when you have these policies is that they are a "road Hazard" policy, so the most common hazard is often a pothole. Potholes can really make a mess of things!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Sorry to see that

That really sucks. Speaking as a guy who wants to buy a set of nice wheels I hate to see that. Maybe I should just keep my crappy steel wheels with the cheap plastic wheel covers. Nah, even with the damage yours still look better than mine.

clevelandhhr
http://www.chevy-hhr.blogspot.com/