Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Appearance/Modifications Discussions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/)
-   -   Big Trouble? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/big-trouble-6092/)

FIRETRUCKHHR06 12-28-2006 02:20 PM

Big Trouble?

How much trouble can I get into if I put a fire truck light bar on top of my hhr?

en0oNmAI 12-28-2006 02:32 PM

you might get into a LOT of trouble actually. Depends on local Law Enforcement. Could be a big NO NO for impersonating an emergency vehicle.

FIRETRUCKHHR06 12-28-2006 02:34 PM

Thats what i was worryied about but they would never be turned on and may not even hook them up to power. I'll have to do more research and see.

bdubsee 12-28-2006 02:47 PM

According to Illinois Vehicle Code (625 ILCS 5/), you can't have the lights even unlit:

(625 ILCS 5/12?215) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12?215)
Sec. 12?215. Oscillating, rotating or flashing lights on motor vehicles. Except as otherwise provided in this Code:
(a) The use of red or white oscillating, rotating or flashing lights, whether lighted or unlighted, is prohibited except on:
1. Law enforcement vehicles of State, Federal or local authorities;
2. A vehicle operated by a police officer or county coroner and designated or authorized by local authorities, in writing, as a law enforcement vehicle; however, such designation or authorization must be carried in the vehicle;
2.1. A vehicle operated by a fire chief who has completed an emergency vehicle operation training course approved by the Office of the State Fire Marshal and designated or authorized by local authorities, in writing, as a fire department, fire protection district, or township fire department vehicle; however, the designation or authorization must be carried in the vehicle, and the lights may be visible or activated only when responding to a bona fide emergency;
3. Vehicles of local fire departments and State or federal firefighting vehicles;
4. Vehicles which are designed and used exclusively as ambulances or rescue vehicles; furthermore, such lights shall not be lighted except when responding to an emergency call for and while actually conveying the sick or injured;
5. Tow trucks licensed in a state that requires such lights; furthermore, such lights shall not be lighted on any such tow truck while the tow truck is operating in the State of Illinois;
6. Vehicles of the Illinois Emergency Management Agency, vehicles of the Illinois Department of Public Health, and vehicles of the Department of Nuclear Safety;
7. Vehicles operated by a local or county emergency management services agency as defined in the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act;
8. School buses operating alternately flashing head lamps as permitted under Section 12?805 of this Code; and
9. Vehicles that are equipped and used exclusively as organ transplant vehicles when used in combination with blue oscillating, rotating, or flashing lights; furthermore, these lights shall be lighted only when the transportation is declared an emergency by a member of the transplant team or a representative of the organ procurement organization.

Link: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...ehicle+Code%2E

Snoopy 12-28-2006 03:15 PM

Hmmmmm

Appears you could use amber though.

FIRETRUCKHHR06 12-28-2006 03:25 PM

Yeah but its not the same. :(

FIRETRUCKHHR06 12-28-2006 03:27 PM

I'll have to check about the blue lights. I'm a vol. firefighter and I might be able to something like that.

upOnGamE 12-28-2006 03:31 PM

hey find my city about that too thats a good find

HHR Forever 12-28-2006 04:22 PM

The cops have never found my police lights. Got everything except the light bar on top. Perfectly legal, I think.

O6ChevyHHR 12-28-2006 05:01 PM

I think you will be oaky as long as your not driving with them on. You could put them on at gtg's tho. I say go for it...