Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Decal Installer In Kansas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:31 PM

Decal Installer In Kansas?

Hello all...

My wife and I are proud owers of a new Sport Red Metallic '06 LT-1

We are looking for a way to stand out...
We are thinking of adding red gound effect lights and a pin stripping / decal

But finding one that will stand out on the Red has been kind of tough as most of the decals packages that I have found have been red in color to be installed on any other body color.

But we are thinking of ordering the "Auto Trim Express" 'Galactica' kit in Black and Charcoal {wished it was black and chrome/sliver!} (I am a big .. in more than one way .. fan of the show)

But if we order it would like a "PRO" do the install.

Does anybody know of any good apply shops in Kansas?

--David
Old 07-09-2006, 12:05 AM

I can tell you who not to go to in Arkansas City. A friend had rally stripes put on her mustang and they did a horrible job. They tried to fix it but it still looks pretty shabby.

Where in KS are you?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:37 AM

I bought white triple striping for my Sport Red Metallic baby. Did it myself. Took a while to get the hang of it, but there was plent on the roll, and I have enough to go around again! The links below should be of some help to you. Good luck and
to ChevyHHR.net, the largest, the least expensive, and the BEST HHR site on the planet!

https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/bro...c=3&userid=340

http://vinylgraphics4less.com/sharpl...tripe-kit.html
Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 AM

what part of kansas? if your close to wichita i can point you in the right direction. let me know. As Far as the lighting goes i'm sure we can figure it out i've installed stereos n other electronics for fun and from what i heard there really quiet simple to do. Just need a lift n we can use that on base.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by upOnGamE
what part of kansas? if your close to wichita i can point you in the right direction. .....
Yes, I am in Wichita.. but might be willing to drive else where to get the job done right as I have yet to hear of any good things about the local shops other than a local vinyl/decal print shop, west of town, which for personal reasons would rather not do business with...

Side bar..
What is funny is... I work for a division of GM that has offices in Wichita.
I had been looking at the HHR or a Saturn Vue for a number of months...
A co-worker purchased a White fully loaded LT-2 in May..
Then the "0%" hit the market place... Wife knows the owner of a local Chevy store and one of the sales reps at the store.. made a phone call.. She was wanting an Impala or Malabu, but did not know how large of a car they had become, I then pointed her to the HHR and she grumbled at me about how she did not want a 'truck' till she sat down in it and now I could not get her out of it...
We signed paper less than 24 hours later and she drove it to work and her co-worker liked it so much she went and purchased one... So we sort of started our own HHR club..
Old 07-09-2006, 06:54 AM

For installing stripes, decals, etc... I found the best thing to do is to go around to your local body shops. A lot of body shops hire an independent to install pinstripes, etc... when the car is finished with it's repairs. If you can find who that person is, you can probably get a good deal and quality work.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 PM

Go on wichitastreets.com and then look under shops or phone book but its called flyingJ's creation or something like that you'll find it on wichita streets. From what i hear they do great work or like he said find a body shop. I found a place to cut out dual exhaust hole in the bumper for 40 bills wich aint bad.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:55 PM

any good vinyl sign shop can do it. cool body and lots of water is the trick.