Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Appearance/Modifications Discussions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/)
-   -   Flooded Passenger Seat (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appearance-modifications-discussions-6/flooded-passenger-seat-16351/)

masterchief1112 07-03-2008 08:58 AM

Flooded Passenger Seat

So whenever it rains my passenger seat floor floods and the rear passenger seat belt gets soaked. Anyone had this issue or have any ideas where its coming from. My hhr is still under bumper to bumper so im taking it into the dealership to have it looked at but would like to point them in the right direction so i dont miss the hhr cedar point trip.

HillsdaleHHR 07-03-2008 09:06 AM

Happy Reading: Water Leaks? See you at The Point :thumb:

HipHotRod 07-03-2008 10:04 AM

Yes, common. There is a barrier underneath your windshield wiper cowl that isnt aligned properly. It literally lets all the water from outside in and routes it where you are describing. There is a few how-to's here that will explain the fix.

jx3 07-03-2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112 (Post 284554)
So whenever it rains my passenger seat floor floods and the rear passenger seat belt gets soaked.

Originally Posted by HipHotRod (Post 284590)
There is a barrier underneath your windshield wiper cowl that isnt aligned properly. It literally lets all the water from outside in and routes it where you are describing.

:confused: Don't think so!

MC, by chance is your HHR outfitted w/ a sunroof?

masterchief1112 07-03-2008 01:46 PM

thanks hillsdale. by any chance you cold come take a look at my hhr this weekend i would come to you my cottage is right on posed lake very close to hillsdale and i will be there this weekend.

masterchief1112 07-03-2008 01:56 PM

just pulled up the cowl a little bit and the gasket everyone is talking is wide open in places. 99 percent sure that it is not the sunroof.

jx3 07-03-2008 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112 (Post 284699)
just pulled up the cowl a little bit and the gasket everyone is talking is wide open in places. 99 percent sure that it is not the sunroof.

Note the sunroof itself, but the drains. How could water coming in from below windshield make it's way to the rear seatbelts?

HillsdaleHHR 07-03-2008 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112 (Post 284695)
thanks hillsdale. by any chance you cold come take a look at my hhr this weekend i would come to you my cottage is right on posed lake very close to hillsdale and i will be there this weekend.

I'm going to be having a yard sale during the day but Saturday after 5 we might be able to meet up. Hope you don't want any expert advice because there isn't any here :lol: If we do though, you will be expected to take an oath of silence on all Mods you see completed on Black Knight.

masterchief1112 07-04-2008 10:47 AM

i understand. ill pm you my number. no internet up there so cant check the threads.

masterchief1112 07-04-2008 11:20 AM

yeah so if you were watching the gigantic leak thread (stickie if it isnt already?) i pulled off my pillar and there was not even a drain tube installed for the pass side so thres that 1 percent.