Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

I really could use some opinons..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:15 PM

I really could use some opinons..

I don't have photoshop, so allow me to explain what I am thinking.

I have an 07 blue, and that color is very similar to the fighter planes the USA used in world war 2. I am 58 and a military historian buff...soooo...

I have found a site that makes vinyl decals for aircraft, and I am thinking of modding my HHR to resemble a WW2 fighter.
I'll put a white star on the hood, the star and bars on the doors and to top it off, instead of small Japanese flags ( used to signify kills ), I'll put a few Japanese car shaped flags on the doors.
here's a link to what I want to do,http://www.1000pictures.com/view.htm....jpg+x600+y400 ,anyone with photoshop , feel free to create something.

I respect and want your opinions, especially yours miztkity.
Thanks

Last edited by hookupny; 02-18-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: poor spelling
Old 02-18-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
I don't have photoshop, so allow me to explain what I am thinking.

I have an 07 blue, and that color is very similar to the fighter planes the USA used in world war 2. I am 58 and a military historian buff...soooo...

I have found a site that makes vinyl decals for aircraft, and I am thinking of modding my HHR to resemble a WW2 fighter.
I'll put a white star on the hood, the star and bars on the doors and to top it off, instead of small Japanese flags ( used to signify kills ), I'll put a few Japanese car shaped flags on the doors.
here's a link to what I want to do,http://www.1000pictures.com/view.htm....jpg+x600+y400 ,anyone with photoshop , feel free to create something.

I respect and want your opinions, especially yours miztkity.
Thanks
I think it would look better with the stars and bars on the sides, each back door with the "plane" number on the front doors.

Mock up a couple of fake machine guns on the hood and then so outlines of PT's and the front fendors for the "kills"

A great idea however you decide!!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:32 PM

ahh, the f4u corsair, one of my favorite planes of ww2.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:33 PM

what's the site that has the vinyl??
Old 02-18-2007, 07:43 PM

That sounds like it would look good.I love old aircraft.An HHR with a F4-U Corsair theme...cool. There is an instructor pilot I work with that had his Nissan pickup done in a P-40 Flying Tiger theme with the shark jaws behind the front wheelwells and the whole truck painted like pieces of sheet metal held together with rivets.Must have cost a bundle...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Photoshop,, Lets see what I can do ...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Founding Member

I knew Kiddo#2 would pull through! Lets see what ya got Kiddo!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 PM

I love the concept!!! You need that little stylized skull and crossbones somewhere, a small one - it's a nice addition, edge of a back window or passenger window.

Well you definitely have a car with lots of HOOD to work with, so you can do a big star there... What is "stars and bars" - like on our flag??
Old 02-18-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity

I love the concept!!! You need that little stylized skull and crossbones somewhere, a small one - it's a nice addition, edge of a back window or passenger window.

Well you definitely have a car with lots of HOOD to work with, so you can do a big star there... What is "stars and bars" - like on our flag??
The "Star and Bar" was one of the original insignia of the Army Air Corp if I am not mistaken.http://personal.trxinc.com/dpixler/
Old 02-18-2007, 10:17 PM

I think the gun ports should be on the bumper, right under the headlights!

Quick Reply: I really could use some opinons..